At Boundless, we’re breaking down the barriers of the immigration system. We are looking for experienced software engineers to architect, design, and develop tools for our Customer Success team and our Independent Immigration Attorneys to help them prepare error-free immigration applications for our customers.
If you want to create a meaningful impact on the world with technology; if you share our belief that bringing empathy to our customers, our product, and our team will bring success; and if you are always on the lookout to get better at what you do, Boundless is the right place for you.
During your first month in this role, you will:
- Learn about the RapidVisa platform. You will work with RapidVisa engineers, located in Cebu, to become intimately familiar with the RapidVisa platform. You will do this by studying the code base, taking on small code changes, perform acceptance testing on changes, sitting in on daily stand-ups, and getting to know the RapidVisa team.
- Learn about the Boundless platform. You will work with Boundless engineers, located in the US, to become familiar with the Boundless platform. You will do this by reviewing the code base with engineers, pairing with then, and sitting in on daily standups and other rituals.
- Discover our process, practices, and career map. Throughout your first month you’ll learn about our practices & process; the way we plan our work, retrospectives, release infrastructure, etc and you will work closely with your manager to learn about how we think about career development at Boundless.
Within three months, you will:
- Function as the lead engineer for RapidVisa, owning the technical success and integrity of the platform. You will collaborate with VP of Engineering, product managers, project managers, and the Cebu engineering team to help prioritize and execute their work. This includes business-driven work, engineering-driven work, tooling, process, and quality assurance.
- Grow expertise on Boundless platform. You will become more and more familiar with the Boundless platform, through your exposure to the US team and the Boundless code base.
- Make recommendations on code, process, tooling, or org changes to ensure health of RapidVisa platform. Based on your familiarity with the RapidVisa and Boundless technical ecosystems, you will make recommendations to the VP of Engineering to ensure the health of the platform, up to and through conversion to Boundless platform.
- Begin the process of planning for migration to Boundless. You will make initial recommendations on phasing out RapidVisa platform and migrating functionality to the Boundless platform.
- Set personal development goals. You will work with your manager to come up with concrete personal development goals and a plan to reach them.
Within a year, you will:
- Play a lead role in the transition of features from the RapidVisa platform to the Boundless platform.
- Up level the RapidVisa technical team both with RapidVisa platform and transitioing them to contributing to the Boundless platform.
- Be a very strong contributor on both the RapidVisa and Boundless platforms.
- Be an important, respected leader across all of our engineering teams.
- You are senior, experienced engineer with a proven track record in developing, deploying, and maintaining ASP.NET web applications. But you are also a polyglot, interested, knowledgable, and skilled in other languages and frameworks.
- You have demonstrated experience as an engineering lead, directing the work of others.
- You are skilled and experienced in Rails and React or are excited to learn and move to these frameworks long-term.
- You are comfortable regularly working a portion of your day on Philippine Standard Time and are ideally located in a US Pacific time zone (West Coast, Alaska, or Hawaii).
- Fluent in Cebuano
- Self-motivated and able to work under minimal supervision
- Adaptable to changing requirements as the US immigration landscape changes
About this position: