Staff Software Engineer - Client at Lookout
San Francisco, CA, US
- Development and enhancement of Lookout’s category defining SASE products
- Responsible for developing and maintaining lightweight and Secure Client App for traffic steering.
- Participate in a complete development life cycle starting with understanding various functional requirements, understand/refine functional specification and develop for high throughput and easy to maintain systems.
- Work with QA, Performance and automation team in delivering high quality products.
- Influencing the features and direction of the product and platform with your own ideas
- Work with the Customer Support team in troubleshooting and fixing customer issues and identifying the product gaps.
- Take an active role in mentoring junior developer
- Degree in Computer/Electronics/Electrical Engineering or any other relevant engineering discipline.
- 8+ years of experience in software development of which a minimum of 3 years of experience building high-performance networking software using socket programming.
- IPSec VPN Client Development experience on any one of the following platform would be big plus - iOS/Mac, Windows, Linux and Android
- Strong Programming skills in Objective C, C/C++ or Java
- Strong understanding of network & security protocols (e.g. TCP, UDP, IP, HTTP, DHCP/DNS,TLS, Active Directory/LDAP, SAML)
- Demonstrable experience of building highly scalable, performant and low latency systems
- Strong understanding of network-security fundamentals (e.g. Authentication, Cryptography, PKI)
Nice to have:
- Experience in few of these technologies - Intel DPDK, Strongswan, IKE, Deep Packet Inspection (DPI)
- Knowledge of technologies like Software Defined Networking (SDN) and Network Function Virtualization (NFV)
- Development experience in Software Defined Perimeter (SDP) or Secure Web Gateway (SWG) Products.
- Development experience in File System Drivers and Network Kernel Drivers.