Lookout is a cybersecurity company for the post-perimeter, cloud-first, mobile-first world. Powered by the largest dataset of mobile code in existence, the Lookout Security Cloud provides visibility into the entire spectrum of mobile risk. Lookout is trusted by hundreds of millions of individual users, enterprises and government agencies and partners such as AT&T, Verizon, Vodafone, Microsoft, Apple and others. Headquartered in San Francisco, Lookout has offices in Amsterdam, Boston, India, London, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto and Washington, D.C. To learn more, visit www.lookout.com and follow Lookout on its blog, LinkedIn, and Twitter
Lookout is a modern startup for the modern world, run by apps! As part of Lookout’s engineering team, you will have an opportunity to take on some of the most interesting challenges in one or more core areas of intellectual property and fundamental building blocks that form Lookout’s category-defining Personal and Enterprise products. In order to tackle these challenging problems, you must be open-minded to explore new areas as well as evolve key existing systems, such as high scale cloud systems, mobile platforms(iOS/Android) development, detection engines, analysis systems cloud backend micro-services, front-end/UI, Data Engineering, Machine Learning, Threat research and CI/CD. If you enjoy building cutting edge products leveraging the latest technologies, tools and development methodologies, and want to make an immediate impact through your work, come check us out.
Lookout’s backend system supports a massive volume of data and an increasingly high level of demand, from data ingestion to delivery to dynamic analysis. We’re looking for talented and motivated engineers to build core components and services, as well as to contribute to evolving the architecture. We’re a small team working on a very large, modern system with a user base of millions, so you’ll get to work on a cutting-edge product and service on a large scale. We’re responsible for building and maintaining several of the services powering the various Lookout applications. We build services in Ruby & Scala, are hosted on AWS and firmly believe in using the cloud to our advantage.
- Development and enhancement of Lookouts SASE Data Security Products
- Participate in a complete development life cycle starting with understanding various functional requirements, understand/refine functional specification and develop for high throughput/ low latency requirements.
- Influencing the features and direction of the product and platform with your own ideas.
- Develop tools to effectively measure performance and latency characteristics of the product.
- Work with the Customer Support team in troubleshooting and fixing customer issues and identifying the product gaps.
- Take an active role in mentoring junior developers.
- Degree in Computer/Electronics/Electrical Engineering or any other relevant engineering discipline.
- 8+ years of experience in software development of which a minimum of 3 years is spent in design/development of networking and/or security products.
- Deep hands on experience in C/C++ programming
- Recent experience in Linux Kernel programming.
- Experience in few of these technologies is desired - IPSec VPN, Intel DPDK, IKE, Strongswan, Deep Packet Inspection (DPI)
- Strong understanding of network & security protocols (e.g. TCP, UDP, IP, HTTP, DHCP/DNS,TLS, Active Directory/LDAP, SAML)
- Demonstrable experience of building highly scalable, performant and low latency systems
- Strong understanding of network-security fundamentals (e.g. Authentication, Cryptography, PKI)
- Working experience in using debugging tools like Valgrind, GDB, Purify, etc.
- Working experience in Network Protocol analyzers tools such as Ethereal, Wireshark, etc.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of technologies like Software Defined Networking (SDN) and Network Function Virtualization (NFV)
- Development experience in Software Defined Perimeter (SDP) or Secure Web Gateway (SWG) Products.
- Development experience in File System Drivers and Network Kernel Drivers.