Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products on the planet. For nearly 10 years, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched banking product, Passbook. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,300 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
As a Passbook digital banking operations manager you will lead our customer support operations. You will deliver a premium and compelling experience to our customers by enabling team managers to provide best-in-class associate behavioral development, creatively optimizing our helpfulness and resolution rates focusing on voice of the customer, working with product teams for continuous improvement of policies and procedures that will create delightful experiences, and driving cross-functional collaboration to meet our service promises and established service levels.
You are responsible for driving operational excellence — positioning customer service as a strategic differentiator of our products. Your work is key to achieve our mission, specifically ensuring our operations and culture scale.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Customer Centric
- Continuously focus on customers by creating SMART action plans that drive world-class resolution and helpfulness rates.
- Own end-to-end projects to enable performance and appropriately inform stakeholders of the progress implementing OKR methodology.
- Manage service levels through in-depth analysis of staffing plans and schedule adherence follow ups.
- Lead Authentically
- Act as engagement champion to drive cross-team collaboration, compassionate feedback sharing, and empathetic listening.
- Appropriately involves the team in the decision making process when applicable, and provides relevant context that fosters transparency.
- Hire and Develop exceptional people
- Demonstrate proficiency in guiding team managers to develop associates’ behaviors focused on established service promises.
- Coach every member of the organization to strive for excellence and think innovatively by coaching with purpose.
- Partner with our L&D team to measure success of our development program, and align development plans accordingly.
- Partner with support teams to fulfill staffing needs.
- Data Driven
- Identify patterns and trends by leveraging qualitative and quantitative data sources that will support the decision making process in relevant business areas.
- Curiously dive into data to uncover performance gaps to then address these by working with the broader team.
- Continuously Improve
- Create a culture of process and product improvement by improving adoption of lean practices and tools.
Who you are
- You have 3+ years of experience managing customer service teams. Financial services experience is highly preferred.
- You are familiarized with contact center operations metrics (SLA, ABA, NPS, IR, etc.)
- You care deeply about customer experience and are willing to dive in to solve customer pain points.
- You enjoy leading and empowering teams.
- Your decisions are guided by data, and you tailor analysis to explain trends and patterns. Bonus if you're familiar with analytics tools such as SQL.
- You communicate seamlessly and with a high degree of emotional intelligence.
- You have experience guiding change management across teams.