Skilljar is seeking an experienced leader for our solutions engineering team to help us build the Skilljar rocketship. As Manager Solutions Engineering, you will be primarily responsible for leading our team to meet and/or exceed quarterly and annual sales objectives. This role will be responsible for hiring, training, developing, and managing a successful team that is passionate about acquiring new customers and growing our footprint within our install base, consistently exceeds quotas, and delivers the highest levels of customer satisfaction. The ideal candidate has a deep understanding of the software industry, has experience building and leading teams, and will incorporate creativity in their approach to driving the Skilljar brand.
We’re looking for a motivated, process-oriented self-starter who is comfortable wearing multiple hats and thrives in a dynamic environment. You must be nimble, highly collaborative, and able to think on your feet. This is a great opportunity to join a rapidly accelerating growth-stage startup that has hundreds of Fortune 1000, mid-market and SMB clients on its roster.
- A leader; you inspire your team, as well as, cross-functional partners
- A coach; you care deeply about the success of your team providing mentorship in a way that shows no task is too small for you
- A quantitative process thinker; you recognize the importance of using numbers to make decisions, are comfortable testing/optimizing, see productivity as a combination of process/technology, and understand how to implement campaigns/programs
- A communicator; you’re authentic, a specialist at addressing issues that leads to increased engagement, and you're great at celebrating wins/progress
- An executor; you have a bias for action and are known for proactively solving problems
- Provides leadership to ensure high-impact demonstrations of Skilljar's solutions are delivered to prospects
- Ensure solutions engineers are fully and effectively scheduled and utilized on qualified opportunities to drive quota achievement
- Provide direction to solution engineers to effectively determine prospect/customers needs and present value-added solutions to address their needs
- Partner with senior management to continually improve the effectiveness of the team
- Contribute both in a management and individual contributor role to achieve monthly bookings targets
- Support, coach and mentor individuals to further their personal development
- 5+ year record of building and managing a solutions team to support complex sales cycles by preparing and delivering value-based solution demonstrations to prospects and customers
- 5+ years experience in pre-sales for an applications software company
- Familiar with Internet application software, XML and web services
- Strong virtual customer-facing and presentation skills with the ability to establish credibility with executives by showing confidence in evangelizing and selling Skilljar.
- Confident, professional, and effective communicator (both verbally and in written form) that can work with all levels and departments in an organization and get his/her point across in a concise and articulate way.
- Ability to handle ambiguity and change - high growth startup experience strongly preferred.
- US work authorization and criminal background check are required.
- Comprehensive Medical Coverage: Skilljar pays 100% of our employee premiums for medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance. (PTO and family leave)
- Flexible Time Off: We believe in a healthy work/life balance and trust our employees to take the time off they need to bring their A-game to work.
- Benefits Package: Skilljar employees receive a monthly technology reimbursement for remote work, 401K savings plan, stock options, and access to an Employee Assistance Program.
- Inclusive Culture: We are intentional about creating a culture that is fun and inclusive. Join us for Fun Committee events, trivia nights, Bingo, and more!
Backed by prominent financial institutions, including Mayfield, Shasta Ventures, Trilogy Equity Partners, and Insight Partners, Skilljar is the leading enterprise customer training platform, transforming the way organizations onboard, engage, and retain their customers. Trusted by leading global companies like Slack, Tableau, Liberty Mutual, Cisco, Verizon, and U-Haul, Skilljar provides the essential tools and foundation for successful customer and partner engagement and enablement.
We are a team of bright, dedicated Skillets with startup drive and a passion for education. Headquartered in Seattle, WA, Skilljar is currently operating remotely, with employees based in Washington, Oregon, California, Colorado, Arizona, and Florida.