At Boundless, we’re breaking down the barriers of the immigration system for millions of families around the world. We’re only able to do this if we build a team of excellent customer service representatives who are not only customer-centric but also immigrant-centric. Having recently acquired a business with offices in Las Vegas and the Philippines and raised a new round of financing to fuel growth, we’re at an inflection point as a company and we need a customer experience leader who can scale a team of customer-facing representatives who provide excellent customer service and act as a growth accelerator for the company.
We’re looking for a Director of Customer Experience (CX) who is both strategically and operationally minded. This role reports directly to our VP of Growth, and the ideal candidate should have experience scaling customer-facing teams that act as a growth center rather than a cost center. This Director of CX will be in charge of our pre-pay customer-facing teams who engage with potential customers over live chat, email and phone. Primary measures of success for this role will be centered on the ROI of these channels and the efficacy in converting potential customers into paid customers. This role will require regular travel to our office in Cebu, Philippines (pandemic restrictions permitting).
In the first 3 months you will,
- Dive into immigration and the typical problems your team is solving on a day to day basis
- Deeply understand the current customer journey and where our biggest opportunities are to better convert potential customers in both the Boundless and the RapidVisa brands
- Understand the tools the team currently uses and start developing a roadmap for which tools will help the team scale
- Familiarize with your data sources and build out your key measure of success for the sales and customer service team
- Develop strong relationships with our Operations and Customer Success teams, who manage the post pay experience, as stakeholders in your team’s success
- Travel (covid restrictions permitting) to our office in Cebu, Philippines to meet your team and deep-dive into their process and challenges
Within your first year you will,
- Scale your team — forecast hiring based on our growth targets, hire the right leadership in the U.S. and Philippines, make sure the right training and tools are in place, etc
- Develop a RapidVisa and Boundless brand voice that evident in every interaction with our customers across all of our support channels
- Create best-in-class CX operations by analyzing productivity, quality and ROI metrics to ensure customer-centric and efficient CX growth and conversion rates
- Develop a strategy that improves the conversion rate of your team and transforms them from a cost center into a key growth lever for both the RapidVisa and Boundless brands
- Work with the product team to develop tests across channels (chat, sms, phone, etc) to iterate on where your team is most successfully deployed in the customer journey
- Leverage your U.S.-based team to manage the rollout of new immigration products to your team, make sure the right strategies and training materials are in place
- Coach and mentor senior CX talent across several functions, including frontline, training, operations and strategy
- Own the strategic growth of our global CX team as we enter new markets and new language support, including the potential for opening new support centers in new counties
- Be a strategic thought leader for the company for how CX is impacted and can be leveraged for realizing company’s five year growth goals
We’re a fast-growing startup based out of Seattle, WA, with employees all over the U.S. and operations in Las Vegas and the Philippines. For us, immigrants come first. We operate with empathy for each other and ownership in things we do; and we strive to continuously get better. We believe passion for our users and for learning always beats the experience, but we’re looking for a seasoned people manager and customer experience operator who can drive strategic and high impact decisions for the company as well as developing high achieving direct reports.