We are looking for a Manager of Financial Planning who can help Owlet as it manages its growth plans. This position will report to the Sr. Director of FP&A
- Work directly with budget owners within the company to set and periodically revise their spending and hiring plans.
- Manage the consolidation of all business planning into formal plans.
- Ensure that all planning results in fully functioning projections of each financial statement.
- Lead regular analysis of actual results compared to formalized plans.
- Contribute to monthly, quarterly, and annual internal and external financial reporting.
- Collaborate with Accounting team to ensure actual results are correctly captured by department and by expense type.
- Ownership of planning platform and its ongoing implementation.
- Provide support for public filings.
- Methodically assemble and manage a small team of Finance Business Partners to enhance the efficiency and thoroughness of the responsibilities above.
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Previous experience managing an AOP process required.
- Bachelor’s degree required (finance, accounting, or related field of study).
- Strong partnership abilities with FP&A and Accounting counterparts.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Identifies key data sources and utilizes data-driven insights about important departmental metrics to improve business decisions.
- Proficient in analyzing qualitative data.
- Has exceptional analytical and quantitative skills.
- Acts independently with minimal supervision.
- Exhibits dedication to helping peers succeed and demonstrates willingness to train and mentor employees.
- Builds relationships and works well across functions.
- Has experience in a collaborative team environment with delegating workload and responsibilities.
- Leads and manages large-scale projects.
- Prioritizes and oversees multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Employs effective time management skills and meets deadlines.
- Understands business operations as well as basic corporate accounting, finance, management principles.
- Works with diverse stakeholders and builds strong, collaborative relationships. Manages competing agendas and priorities across different functional departments.
- Demonstrates a strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrates the capacity to manage ambiguity and shifting priorities while remaining calm and controlled.
- Develops and implements innovative and creative solutions to business problems. Encourages and expects others to think progressively and not be limited by existing methods and procedures.
- Has a professional image and forms good partner relationships across functions.
- Can represent information in graphical forms in order to supplement text.
- Has knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and its applications in accounting, budgeting, and finance.
- Strong financial modeling skills, especially financial statement and cash flow information.
- Experience with cloud planning platforms is a plus.
Owlet employees participate in quarterly evaluations that include:
- Performance feedback
- Behavioral feedback
- Training and development opportunities
- Manager feedback
Compensation: $120,000 annual salary with opportunity for equity compensation
- Flex time scheduling
- Benefits package
- Product discounts
Owlet Baby Care, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.