SUMMARY: We are looking for a reliable Tax Manager to perform the responsibilities listed below. This position will report to the Director of Finance.
- Prepare and review tax returns, payments, and reports.
- Manage sales and use tax collections and filings.
- Assess and research tax issues to identify solutions.
- Manage and maintain the company’s tax records.
- Determine tax saving opportunities and recommend strategies to reduce tax burden.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, local and international tax regulations and correspond with taxing authorities as needed.
- Offer support and guidance during audits.
- Keep track of industry trends and changes related to taxes.
- Prepare accurate quarterly and annual tax reports.
- Work with third-party service providers to provide required deliverables and review the quarterly and annual tax provision calculations (including tax footnotes and financial documents).
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or relevant field.
- CPA required.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Tax Manager or similar role.
- Understanding of state and local tax compliance
- Experience with tax provisions, international accounting issues, transfer pricing and uncertain tax positions preferred.
- Good understanding of G-Suite, Microsoft Office applications, and accounting software.
- Experience with NetSuite preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping processes.
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
Owlet employees participate in quarterly evaluations that include;
- Goal reviews
- Performance feedback
- Behavioral feedback
- Training and development opportunities
- Manager feedback
- Flex time scheduling
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Product discounts
- Employer HSA contribution
- 401k match
- Monthly work life balance benefit
Owlet Baby Care Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.