Educative is connecting millions of developers around the world. We are a hyper growth platform for interactive text-based courses on many aspects of computer science, cloud computing, and advanced technologies.
Our learners rely on us to create engaging courses so they can get better at their job, find a better job or just experience the joy of learning.
You are an innovative and passionate developer focused on delivering a cutting-edge learning platform. You like to own deliverables end-to-end and have a meaningful influence on the final product. You are a builder. You like to work with fellow engineers and cross functional teams to share knowledge, imagine, design, develop, test, and launch features that wow our learners, authors and customers.
In this role, you will:
- Write high quality, maintainable, reusable code following solid principles.
- Independently clarify technical requirements, develop coding estimates and apply a broad range of design approaches to bring innovative solutions.
- Review code of other team members and provide constructive direction.
- Constantly strive to raise the bar on engineering excellence.
- Drive continuous improvement of software quality, customer experience and maintainability of products/features.
- Mentor and lead developers by cultivating curiosity and deep technical understanding.
We encourage developers at all experience levels – recent graduates and experienced devs – to apply.
- BS, MS or Ph.D. in computer science.
- Solid understanding of data structures and algorithms.
- Good knowledge of multithreading.
- Working knowledge of Git.
- Ability to work independently.
- Self-driven with a can-do attitude.
- Collaborative team player with excellent communication skills.
- Laser-focused on delivering high-quality features.
Nice to have:
- We use the following technologies. Although these are not required for you to apply, you will need to be a fast learner and have a growth mindset.
- Experience with Google App Engine and Google Cloud.
- Experience in React/Redux/React Native.
- TypeScript, Next.js, and Tailwind CSS.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience in shipping production quality products using Python and Node.js.
- Working experience with low-level systems and knowledge of Linux networking stack.
Educative is a hands-on learning platform for software developers of all levels. We were founded by industry veterans who understand first-hand the problems developers face staying on the cutting edge of modern technology. Educative's interactive, text-based courses are built from the ground up to teach you the skills employers are looking for. We provide tools like in-browser coding environments and interview-focused assessments to help you practice as you learn.