Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products on the planet. For nearly 10 years, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,300 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
We're searching for a Director of Technical Accounting and Financial Reporting to join Remitly's Finance team, reporting to our VP, Corporate Controller. You motivate yourself and your teams toward common goals, and are excited by the opportunity to make a big impact in our growing company.
What You'll Do
- Prepare and/or review internal and external global financial reporting deliverables including financial statements and board and audit committee materials
- Technical accounting research and documentation
- Accounting work for stock-based compensation expense
- Oversee the global financial statement and statutory audits
- Maintain department and chart of account structure
- Approve journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations
- Draft accounting procedures
- Help with implementation of financial system enhancements, equity administration, and financial statement analysis.
- Work across teams to support programs, drive process improvements, system enhancements, and implement best practices.
- Ensure that there are appropriate controls in place which are documented and applied to reduce financial statement risks including those for key financial systems and service organizations.
Who You Are
- Has a bachelor's degree in accounting, business, or finance and 10+ years of professional experience in an accounting or similar role.
- Minimum three years of managerial experience preferred.
- Strong technical accounting background.
- CPA certification
- Public accounting experience (5+ years) highly preferred.
- Public company experience in a similar role is a plus.
- You're energized by streamlining processes, and are excited to help us scale our capabilities as we grow
- Meticulous about the details, and able to communicate your findings to a variety of partners.
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits