Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. For nearly 10 years, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,300 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
We're hiring an experienced Head of HR (HR) to help scale our operations in Mandaluyong City, Philippines. Our Mandaluyong City team is the touch point for our customers and for mitigating risk. We are facing a very exciting period where our growth is rapid, performance standards are high and we have a clear opportunity to help shape the e-payments landscape. We are looking for exceptional people willing to roll up their sleeves in a fast paced fin-tech start-up and be part of the disruption.
The Head of HR will report directly to the Site Director in Mandaluyong City, Philippines and will play a critical role in partnership with the Site Director to create and implement an organizational structure designed to scale and execute on key items such as job scoping, compensation strategies, performance review/management, career development and employee retention.
As a strategic leader, you can expect to direct the development and implementation of organizational programs, employee orientation, benefits plans, policies and guidelines, database management procedures, equal opportunity employment programs, and employee records and documentation policies. Evaluating effectiveness through compiling, analyzing, preparing, and presenting various monthly reports on HR metrics to ensure needs are met. Also key is understanding and implementing innovation in human resource technology solutions.
In this role you will:
- Set objectives for the HR team and track progress
- Liaise and partner with global leaders on people initiatives
- Assess and prioritize system and process needs based on business requirements, thoroughly understanding the product and know the right questions to ask, develop business cases for new initiatives and obtain stakeholder support.
- Build HR processes and tools that ensure a high-quality employee experience as well as compliance with policies and regulations.
- Maintain the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Support the team by establishing a standardized recruitment program; counseling managers on candidate selection; analyzing exit interviews; and recommending changes.
- Lead the performance management process including creating a plan to manage annual reviews, wor with Training team on development-related modules, utilize budgets to organize development activities and work one-on-one with managers and employees
- Coordinate and ensure timely completion of the annual performance evaluation process.
- Coordinate and ensure timely completion of the annual merit plan process
- Monitor HR metrics (e.g. turnover rates and cost-per-hire)
- Utilize technology and analytical tools to develop and analyze enterprise-wide people and other cross-functional data as needed
- Report to senior management by developing HR metrics, analyzing data and using these to ensure high level performance standards are in place within the department, and ensure that flexibility for continuous improvement is in place
- Manage a pay structure by conducting periodic pay surveys; scheduling and conducting job evaluations; preparing pay budgets; and recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions.
- Implement employee benefit programs by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to management; directing the processing of benefit claims; obtaining and evaluating benefit contract bids; awarding benefit contracts; and designing orientation plans on benefit programs.
- Ensure execution of the payroll process, including timely approval and submission
- Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource labor law requirements
- Enforce management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending HR policies and procedures to ensure alignment as per market practice.
- Partner with managers to deal with grievances and violations, invoking disciplinary action when required
- Anticipate and resolve litigation risks
- Support HR units in their communications requirements, recommend and implement appropriate communications strategies to internal and external stakeholders
- Create operational project and initiative roadmaps to ensure ongoing performance, process or tool improvements and scalability.
- Proactively identify operational risks or issues and work closely with internal and external partners and stakeholders for solutions.
- Develop and execute corporate plans specific to the site's organizational development
- Partner with Site Director on communications to the team, talent strategies, and organizational structure design
- Ensure global alignment on HR initiatives with Global HR
- Assist Remitly business with ad-hoc activities as required
A successful candidate is:
- A bachelor's degree in Business, HR, or Psychology
- With at least 5 years of experience as a Senior HR Leader preferably within a matrixed, global environment
- Thriving in an ambiguous environment and be incredibly proactive
- A self-starter, resourceful, creative and capable of handling multiple projects at a time
- With can-do, collaborative working style and attention to detail
- With excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Able to use qualitative and quantitative insights to make better decisions.
- Taking ownership and accountability.
- Accountable to commitments.
- With the ability to perceive and relate to the thoughts, emotions, or experience of others. You are skilled at understanding a situation from another person's perspective and you react with compassion.
- Clear about our own intent, and can give and welcome feedback that's direct, compassionate, timely and transparent.
- Open, self-aware, and enthusiastically share knowledge and context to help others succeed.
- Able to develop a diverse talent who embraces challenges and grows on the job. Can coach and invest to help every employee succeed.
- Flexible on work schedules