Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products on the planet. For nearly 10 years, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,300 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role
As a member of Remitly's Corporate Systems team you will lead the evaluation, development, deployment, and support for new tooling for a variety of internal teams. You will be communicating directly with your team's stakeholders to define project requirements and ensure the products your team creates meets the needs of our internal teams. Projects will require you to lead the team and participate in the development of new software and systems that will integrate with vendors, third party systems, and internally built tools. You'll work closely with the IT team leaders to define goals and direction for your team and assist in defining the direction of Remitly IT. You will help grow the Corporate Systems team bothin size and technical craft.
Most importantly you will ensure our internal teams are well supported and are given a wonderful technology experience at Remitly.
- Gather requirements from internal stakeholders, evaluate options, select tools or develop them internally, and implement solutions.
- Lead the team on design discussions and making technical tradeoffs
- Write code as part of building and maintaining internal tools, you may spend up to 40% of your time doing hands on work for projects.
- You will set goals, assign responsibility, and hold yourself and your team accountable to business outcomes
- Provide insight on IT policy and procedures as we mature our administration practices
- Clearly communicate technical information, both verbal and written, to a wide range of end-users, vendors, and stakeholders.
- Provide excellent support for internal customers and liaise with vendors when escalating issues as necessary.
You will have:
- A BS in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience.
- 2+ years of experience managing a small engineering team, including hiring, ramping up, and coaching engineers up to Senior level.
- 6+ years of experience working in a technical engineering capacity
- Knowledge of at least one high level programming language is required (Go, Java, C#, Python… etc.)
- Experience owning and operating internal technology products.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams on design discussions and making technical tradeoffs between features, schedule and quality after reviewing multiple options; you document your thinking, including options and chosen approach
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills - this position includes external interactions and requires you to collaborate with providers and co-workers of diverse technical expertise
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits