Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products on the planet. For nearly 10 years, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,300 employees who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
In this role, you'll be partnering with PMs and Developers to accelerate our testing roadmap by developing the strategyand reading product tests. Additionally, you will work to use data to identify and improve our response to emergentfraud attacks. This involves analyzing attacks and patterns, generating the specs for new features and data that ourproduct team can implement to prevent them in the future. Finally, you'll analyze the business logic underpinning ourexisting in-product experiences and test changes to optimize the system.
What You'll Do:
- Deliver written business analysis with clear reasoning and actionable conclusions
- Use data to make excellent business decisions in an autonomous manner
- Read A/B product tests using bayesian framework
- Make effective tradeoffs between fraud losses and negative customer experiences
- Partner with Product Management to build a prioritization framework that captures relevant tradeoffs for theteam including setting goals and evaluating potential opportunities.
- Report to the Director of the Fraud Program
Who you are:
- 2+ years experience in an analytics role
- Bachelor's degree in mathematics, engineering, business, economics, or other quantitative field.
- Experience with Excel (can effectively build models) and SQL, exposure to Python and Statistical Analysis a bonus
- Ability to start from a white space problem and develop hypotheses, an analytical framework, and develop a wellwritten recommendation
- Ability to communicate decisions to individual contributors and leadership. You are able to state and defend yourdecision making process
- You are scrappy, creative, and think of creative solutions in a constrained environment. You would need to have a high degree of ownership.
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
- Scholars program