At Boundless, we are breaking down barriers of the immigration system. We are looking for an intermediate to senior design researcher, to expand on Boundless’ offerings, improve the Boundless service for immigrants, and grow with the company.
In this role, you will:
- Explore the complexities of the immigration space with immense empathy.
- Partner with designers, product managers, and business stakeholders to identify the root questions to explore in our business opportunities. Then plan, manage, and run research studies to explore those questions.
- Communicate research findings effectively to the rest of the organization. Support product decisions with qualitative and quantitative findings.
- Enable product managers and designers to make insight-driven decisions, to gauge the impact of these decisions, and to prioritize in the face of constraints.
- Grow the research discipline at Boundless and evangelize research practices across the organization.
- Ideate and execute in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
We are looking for:
- High-caliber research skills. End-to-end experience with all aspects of research (study design, recruiting, facilitation, synthesis, insight delivery), as well as experience conducting research through various stages of problem definition (discovery, evaluative, validation).
- Ability to devise flexible and scrappy research methodologies, tailored to the needs and constraints of the project.
- Ability to deliver actionable insights and analyses that impact product strategies and roadmaps.
- Experience bringing cross-functional stakeholders into the research process.
- 4+ years of experience as a researcher in the digital product space.
- Design and/or research experience demonstrated through a portfolio of multiple projects.
- Strong collaborator with designers, product managers, engineers, business analysts, etc.
- Mature organizational skills. Excellent self-starter. Able to be effective working both independently and in teams.
- Prototyping skills.
- Illustration skills.
- Motion design skills.
- Cross-cultural personal experience, or experience designing for diverse user groups.
- Experience working in startup environments.