At Boundless, we are breaking down barriers of the immigration system. We are looking for an intermediate to senior product designer, to expand on Boundless’ offerings, improve the Boundless service for immigrants, and grow with the company.
In this role, you will:
- Explore the complexities of the immigration space with immense empathy. Come up with design solutions to meet the needs of our users.
- Create design solutions that effectively embody product functions and brand identity. This includes the design and production of digital interfaces, services, as well as print based communications, et al.
- Work with a team of designers and developers to expand and evolve the design language of a fast-growing startup.
- Communicate design solutions effectively to engineers and product managers. Support engineers with design rationale, annotations and assets in the product development process.
- Ideate and execute in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
We are looking for:
- High-caliber product design skills. A deep understanding of user experience design, interaction modeling, typography, composition, and layout principles. Intimate knowledge of current digital design trends and conventions.
- Experience conceiving and iterating product features based on data, business strategy, as well as your own designerly intuition.
- 4+ years of experience as a designer in the digital product space.
- Design experience demonstrated through a portfolio of multiple projects.
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design, interaction design, fine arts, a related design discipline or comparable professional experience.
- Fluent in digital design tools, such as Sketch, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Strong collaborator with designers and non-designers alike.
- Mature organizational skills. Excellent self-starter. Able to be effective working both independently and in teams.
- Illustration skills.
- Motion design skills.
- Cross-cultural personal experience, or experience designing for diverse user groups.
- Experience working in startup environments.