At Remitly, our vision is to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products on the planet. Today we help immigrant communities around the world send over $8 billion a year to their loved ones. Sending money is faster, easier, and costs less with our all-digital money transfer platform. At Remitly, your work has a direct and positive impact on people around the globe. Your work matters, every day.
As a Senior Operations Manager at Remitly's Manila site, your task will be to help transform the traditional global remittance industry, specifically through developing, managing and leading world-class operations teams. This includes managing, executing and continuously improving the ongoing operations support needed to meet service level agreements (SLA), quality and productivity targets; making key hiring decisions, implementing succession plans, developing people, and managing individual and team performance; supporting and executing the operational direction of the site’s operations teams in support of company goals and initiatives; driving operational continuous improvement efforts leveraging teams and resources across the company; and providing project management as it relates to the operational support of current and future products, services and markets.
We are looking for exceptional people who are willing to roll up their sleeves in a fast paced technology start-up and be part of the disruption. The successful candidate must excel as a self-starter and work well with cross-functional teams. The Senior Operations Manager will report directly to the VP for Customer Success and will handle direct reports that may include front line Customer Service Associate (CSA), Program Specialist and Team Manager positions. This position is based in Mandaluyong City, Philippines.
- Drive team and individual success against key performance indicators (KPIs) for areas of responsibility.
- Manage performance of multiple direct reports which may include front line CSAs, Program Specialists and Team Managers – as well as additional individual contributor roles as needed.
- Execute on succession planning, recruiting (as hiring manager), retention and career development tactics directly and in conjunction with peers, Human Resources (HR) and Recruiting.
- Ensure adequate and the appropriate level of operations support capacity for assigned shifts, teams and initiatives on an ongoing basis.
- Contribute to the development of and then execute on operational project and initiative roadmaps to ensure ongoing performance, process or tool improvements and scalability.
- Proactively identify operational risks or issues and work closely with internal and external partners and stakeholders for solutions.
- Identify and contribute to the creation of new metrics, KPIs, reporting and monitoring to drive operational excellence.
- Actively nurture appropriate communication and feedback loops inside the team and throughout the company to leverage insights and learning to their fullest potential.
- Establish good partnership and work closely with stakeholders in the headquarters.
- Model and promote the Remitly core values at all levels of the operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical, business, or related field.
- At least three - five years’ experience in a senior manager level managing operations teams in a fast paced technology environment, including at least three years’ experience managing multiple levels of roles including but not limited to people managers.
- Demonstrated success working under pressure of deadline with competing priorities.
- At least two years of Intermediate proficiency in Excel and working with data to drive decisions.
- Experience working with a 24x7 environment and a willingness to adjust schedules to accommodate emerging business
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English).
- Advanced degree (technical or MBA) or equivalent work experience.
- Lean Six Sigma Green or Black Belt Certification, preferred.
- Knowledge of the financial services or payments industry.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Experience working with or for a BPO.
- Second language a plus, such as Tagalog, Spanish, French, German, Italian or Chinese