Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products on the planet. For nearly 10 years, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,300 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
We are searching for a Director who can guide our vision for technology at Remitly, reporting to our CISO. This new role will be responsible for all the core technologies that underpin our company. This includes leading teams that build and operate our AWS, Kubernetes, and Istio infrastructure platform, as well as our information technology teams that develop and support tools to make our employees more effective.
You are a stakeholder focused technology leader who can apply a whole product mindset to developing technology solutions that balance internal user needs with long-term customer outcomes.
What You'll Do
- Build and lead an inclusive and high performing team of professionals around the world.
- Understand the business, our customers, and the long term vision we have. Bring your expertise in technology to accelerate and realize that vision.
- Partner with stakeholders across engineering teams, and work very closely with the Developer Experience squad to maximize our investments in AWS, Kubernetes, Istio, and other exciting technologies you identify to meet business objectives and better serve our customers.
- Partner with stakeholders in operational units like finance, human resources, and customer success. Understand their roadmaps and provide your technology expertise and guidance to accelerate impact.
- Hold a high bar for security and engineering excellence. Bring modern software development and operations to all facets of the business in your daily work and as a leader in the company.
Who You Are
- An experienced technologies with excellent people leadership skills, who
- Applies a product mindset to developing solutions
- Demonstrated change management outcomes from large scale technical projects
- Strong alignment to our mission and values
- Ability to partner effectively with executives and managers
- Ability to balance internal user needs with long term customer outcomes
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits