At Remitly, we help immigrant communities around the world send over $6 billion a year to their loved ones. Sending money is faster, easier, and costs less with our all-digital money transfer platform. Our vision is to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products on the planet. At Remitly, your work has a direct and positive impact on people around the globe. Your work matters, every day.
We're searching for a Sr. Payroll Specialist to join Remitly’s Finance team, reporting to our
Disbursements Manager. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated individual contributor with a bias for action who is excited by the opportunity to make a big impact in a fast-paced and dynamically growing Company.
What You’ll Do
- Process complex multi-state payroll, using Ultipro (UKG) payroll service
- Maintain a payroll calendar to ensure others in the organization are aware of important payroll deadlines
- Respond to payroll related inquiries from employees professionally and empathetically.
- Ensure payroll transactions are processed correctly for time, earnings, benefits, deductions, taxes, garnishments and other items that affect pay and/or company liability
- Collection and validation of payroll inputs; including time records, bonuses, and deductions
- Provide proactive recommendations for the development and implementation of improved payroll controls and processes
- Remit and reconcile contributions with 3rd party payroll and equity compensation service providers
- Ensure compliance with international, state and local tax withholding requirements
- Prepare payroll related journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations as required
- Assist the Tax Director with taxation matters including those involving employee global mobility
- Assist HR with payroll and related benefit audits such as those for the Company’ 401k plan and worker’s compensation
- Assist with the equity compensation process
- Assist with month end close, preparing accruals for payroll, taxes and other assigned accounts
- Establish policies and procedures related to payroll and equity compensation
- Ensure the consistency of application of internal controls related to areas of responsibility
Who You Are
- Has an associates or bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, or finance
- 3+ years of payroll experience for a similarly sized or larger company
- Subject matter expertise in payroll and employee benefits
- Great working knowledge of US employment laws and regulations
- Equity compensation experience for a public company preferred
- Strong analytical skills
- Great attention to detail
- Proficiency in Excel
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills
Who we are
Remitly is a group of passionate people working to make international payments easier and more transparent on both the web and mobile devices. We are seeking team members to join us that want to make a difference and change an industry. We pride ourselves on aiming high and delivering results, data being at the heart of everything we do, and encouraging our team to own business decisions and outcomes. Sound like the place for you? Join us.
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Remitly are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer