Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. For nearly 10 years, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,300 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
As an IT Specialist at Remitly, you will make a huge impact in all areas of our organization by providing superb infrastructure and operational support. You'll gain high visibility to multiple responsibilities, projects, and teams within our growing company, and provide IT support to our growing team around the world. You'll be the contact for computer-related needs within the organization, including basic installs, diagnoses, repairs, maintenance, and upgrades on desktops, laptops, mobile devices, etc. You'll also troubleshoot problem areas and provide end-user assistance where required, in addition to managing facilities related projects that support our office and equipment needs. Most importantly you will provide a delightful technology experience to the Remitly team.
- Perform remote and on site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution.
- Respond to incoming Helpdesk requests, and alerts regarding employee IT concerns
- Administer and resolve issues with associated end-user workstations (Mac, PCs, ChromeOS) including client-side patching activities.
- Maintain the network infrastructure(Switches, routers, firewall appliances and Access Points) of the site and related services(Radius, DHCP, DNS and Access rules)
- Help with inventory-related projects including equipment tracking, ordering and shipping.
- Onboarding and off-boarding new employees, creating AD accounts and provisioning hardware on site. Perform basic computer administration tasks including Group Policy creation and management, MDM administration, and automated software deployment.
- Administer business apps like Okta, G Suite, Zoom, Slack, AWS Workspaces, Jira, and Wiki (Confluence)
- Share technical information to end-users.
- Provide excellent support for internal customers and work with vendors when escalating issues.
- Recommend and document procedure modifications or improvements.
- Remain informed about the events, trends, and developments which affect the role, business area(s), and the financial services industry.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- A BS in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience.
- Maintain an empathetic partnership with the teams we support.
- A strong sense of ownership and a "do what it takes" and "don't be afraid to fail" attitude
- 2+ years of technical support experience.
- A sol understanding of the principles of networking and the OSI model.
- Experience with DHCP, TCP/IP, and DNS.
- Experience with macOS, iOS, Windows 10, Server 20*, and Android.
- Investigative skills in a fast-paced, rapid-growth environment.
- Private life insurance
- Office hours with weekends off
- Transportation and subsidized meals
- Perks with local stores
- Professional Growth opportunities
- Access to learning platforms and continuous development
- A creative environment that allows to work in the technological edge