Gamesight is looking for talented DevOps engineers who love working with cloud-native technologies, breathe infrastructure-as-code, and dream of reliably scaling data-intensive services. The ideal candidate is someone who is eager to ramp up quickly to tackle challenging problems in big data analytics. Join our engineering team to help deliver business-critical insights to some of the largest companies in gaming.
You will be a member of an engineering team that captures, processes, and analyzes billions of data points a month. We are looking for the champion of scalability, reliability, observability, and security (no -ility on that last one.. we tried) to the rest of our engineering team.
What you’ll do
- Improve the reliability and scalability of existing infrastructure and services
- Develop and improve system observability and infrastructure health monitoring
- Share security and performance best practices and institute processes to level up the rest of the engineering team
- Managing security of infrastructure and continuously enhancing our cloud security posture
- Handle traditional ops tasks such as maintenance, backups, and be included in the on-call rotation
- Expert with Amazon Web Services (We rely heavily on EKS, Lambda, RDS, and Redshift)
- Familiar with serverless or containerized (k8s) application design best practices
- Background in security best practices and compliance
- Deep understanding of GitOps and related practices (CI/CD, IaC, DevOps)
- Ready to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Passion for gaming
Nice to Have
- Background in data analytics or data intensive applications
- Comfortable writing and optimizing SQL queries (MySQL, Postgres, or Redshift)
- Interest in gaming content creation (Twitch/YouTube etc..)
- Work with a team that gets shit done in a flexible and independent environment
- Work with the latest tech (Kubernetes, Serverless, Redshift, and more), and have the ability to introduce your own
- Work closely with major game developers and publishers and assist them in launching some of the world's most successful and loved games
- Laid back work environment, virtual game nights, Magic the Gathering drafts, Destiny raids, and more! 🎮💥
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We're strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. For us, this is the only acceptable way to do business.