Owlet’s Program Management Office (PMO) is searching for an energetic, and experienced Program Manager to lead Owlet’s most critical and exciting programs and projects. The ideal candidate has extensive experience driving hardware and software initiatives from inception to production with a focus on quality and passion for driving products that will enrich the lives of their consumer. This is an awesome opportunity to help create forward-thinking and innovative products!
- As a Program Manager/Scrum Master you are
- Servant Leader - empowers the team to make decisions, improvements and use best practices
- Roadblock clearer - Resolves impediments/conflicts and escalates when needed
- Resource facilitator - Works cross-functionally to ensure resourcing in Engineering is prioritized
- Process manager - helps the team define and refine best practices
- Coach/facilitator - Mentors cross-functional team members of effective report
- Communicator - Reports and communicates project progress
- You Will
- Own the delivery of hardware products against program schedules
- Lead cross-functional teams leveraging Scrum methodologies and best practices
- Ruthlessly mitigate risk to avoid negative impact to products, schedules and ensure highest possible quality releases
- Provide proper levels of communication to all stakeholders
- Develop a partnership with Product & Engineering to deliver products, services and initiatives effectively on-time and on-budget
- Partnering with Engineering and Product, you will manage the various schedules (internal, vendor, 3rd party)
- Coordinate with product and operations teams to build out launch plans
- Extensive experience managing supplier relationships during the product development life cycle (design phase >> prototype samples, T0 samples, guiding approval for parts for MP)
- Demonstrated proficiency coordinating and owning hardware build schedules (EVT, DVT, PVT) with suppliers and manufacturers to provide units for customer beta testing and approval for mass production
- Have owned the Bill of Materials (BOM) for large scale HW products
- Can demonstrate hands on leadership with coordinating rolling design changes to mass production
- 7-10 years of Program/Project Management experience (consumer & medical electronics a plus).
- Minimum 5 years proven track record of leading engineering teams (SW & HW)
- Managing the hardware schedule in concert with Agile principles and Scrum/Kanban methodologies.
- Possesses advanced oral and written communication skills.
- Experience working in Asia at manufacturing facilities is a plus.
- Experience with developing and validating the manufacturing process a plus
- An individual who subscribes to the idea of Servant Leadership being a core principle of their interactions with the teams they lead
- Facilitator - Encourages autonomy and authority within the team, supports the problem solvers to solve the problems and the decision makers to remove obstacles and support the solutions
- Collaborative - Isn’t selfish. Works across the organization to ensure the organization is successful and not just the individual
- Resolves conflicts - Skilled in breaking down barriers in teams to get things moving in the right direction
- Excellent communication skills - Program managers are facilitators, which means that they need to be able to listen as well as articulate issues amongst a diverse group and facilitate understanding and decision making whether it be for technical items or for executive-level discussions
- Organized - loves lists and plans; often has a plan for a plan and understands the importance of meeting commitments
- Inquisitive - Not afraid to ask questions to have a better understanding; likewise, a facilitator of inquisitiveness, supports the team in asking questions in order to arrive at the best solution
- Flex time scheduling
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Benefits package
- Product discounts
Owlet Baby Care, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.