Owlet’s Healthcare Business is searching for an energetic and experienced Healthcare Product Manager to create a range of solutions to address key concerns in the maternal and infant care spaces. We are seeking an individual who can identify the problem space (which may encompass several adjacent segments) and create solution offerings that will comprise a mix of new products, 3rd party offerings, modifications to existing products, and service offerings.
The ability to properly assess market needs and to be able to pivot solution set features and positioning quickly as information is gained will be key – as we are expanding into new markets there will be a lot of unknowns, there will be no room for entrenched thinking. Someone who is absolutely customer focused, audience centric, creative problem solving, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment are a must. We are looking for a results-driven Product Manager, to identify strategic opportunities, develop/validate compelling value propositions, lead development and execute cross-functional launch activities. They will create a solution roadmap that is prioritized based on market insight and analysis of business opportunities. Must be able to work independently and have a proven ability to meet strict deadlines and simultaneously lead multiple projects.
As Product Manager you will be responsible for participating in product planning and execution throughout the digital healthcare ecosystem focusing mainly on patient/user worn vital signs acquisition devices and associated service offerings:
- Demonstrate passion and empathy for the customer, capture their voice and use it to shape the product experience and strategy
- Know customer issues, pains, desires, how they think and behave
- Understand and use qualitative and quantitative data to drive product decisions and strategy
- Own the product
- Develop and refine our product strategy and roadmap and ensure alignment to our north star.
- Develop a pipeline with a competitive value proposition, strong profit potential, and NPS
- Gather and prioritize product features and clear and concise requirements in detail
- Be the product expert: how it works, the critical components within it, how users really use it
- Identify opportunities for testing and drive execution, measuring and reporting results
- Pursue product and industry knowledge, identify trends and opportunities, and become a subject matter expert
- Understand how the business works, and what role the product plays
- Work closely with counterparts and stakeholders throughout the company to deliver results and ensure product success
- Collaborate with Future Labs, CTO, engineering, design, quality, project, and sales team members on execution, launches, and extending the solutions life.
- Identify risks, issues, and problems and escalate as appropriate, proposing mitigation plans to overcome obstacles
- Monitor product performance and proactively identify opportunities for product improvement
- Lead development and launch of new solutions and upgrades, working with internal and external resources.
- Oversee user validation and product research, including claim support
- Responsible for researching new digital health tools and research
- Develop a strategy and platform for formally collecting and incorporating user and stakeholder needs and wants, closing the circle on our market-driven approach
- Facilitate positioning and pricing decisions in collaboration with Marketing, Finance, and client-facing teams
- Build strong relationships with external partners to co-collaborate on new solutions and services.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5+ years medical device Product Management experience – ideally with a solution focus
- Experience launching products in multiple international markets
- Exposure to Healthcare systems business – understanding of the key roles and their relationships (payers/providers/consumers) as they exist in multiple geographic markets
- Experience delivering Class II (FDA) and Class IIa/b (EU) Medical devices (EU-MDR experience desired)
- Working knowledge of applicable medical device standards in key worldwide markets
- Growth mindset, self-driven and entrepreneurial spirit, and willingness to roll up their sleeves.
- Experience defining and executing short to long term product roadmaps.
- Able to manage multiple product initiatives to completion. Must be comfortable dealing with ambiguity in a rapidly changing environment
- Track record of developing audience-centric product concepts from ideation to launch
- Experience assessing business value, and presenting business cases for prioritization and investment
- Effective problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to balance competing priorities and work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Open-minded and positive attitude
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with IoT devices a plus
- Experience with agile development methodologies and lean UX principles is a plus
- Flex time scheduling
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Benefits package
- Product discounts
Owlet Baby Care, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.