At Owlet, we are making a real difference in the lives of parents and their infants every day through cutting-edge technology at the forefront of wearable tech, the internet-of-things, and big data.
Owlet is looking for a Director of Data & Analytics to develop a data and insights strategy, and to build, evolve and grow the team responsible for providing the company with a reliable data and analytics platform, supporting access to insights on business, operational and customer experience decisions. Working closely with stakeholders across the company, the director will work to increase the value of Owlet’s data assets and create an infrastructure supporting widespread access to that data. The successful candidate will have a track record leading data organizations as well as demonstrated commercial acumen.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement a data management architecture and business intelligence tools that reliably track and report on Owlet’s business and operational performance
- Manage, mentor and grow a data team that includes data engineering, data operations, business analysis and data science functions
- Champion democratizing data access at Owlet, enabling analysis and strategic insights across the organization with easy access to high quality, reliable, understandable data
- Focus on delivering solutions to improve decision-making, to optimize research processes, to increase operational efficiency, and ultimately, to transform data into actionable insights
- Create the governance structure to ensure compliance with data privacy and data protection regulations
- Consult with senior-level stakeholders across the organization to identify business and operational information needs, including creating access to optimized, integrated cross functional data sets to meet those requirements
- Ensure that GDPR and other privacy legislation compliance is in place and observed company-wide
- Promote and standardize Owlet’s data management governance, documentation, and best practices across the company
- Scale the data management infrastructure to meet analytic requirements as the business expands and evolves
- Develop, manage, and track the Data department’s annual budget
- Focus on effectively communicating with data and about data topics and insights
- Keep Owlet current on new and potentially useful innovation in the data technology space
Skills and Qualifications:
- Forward-thinker and self-starter who can follow directions and will also go the extra step
- Experience building complex distributed data management infrastructure integrating data from multiple sources, including the flexibility to add new sources as the business environment changes
- Broad understanding of business needs and ability to connect with senior leadership to understand organizational needs
- Proactive leader willing to break paradigms and investigate disruptive, creative approaches to solving problems and anticipating needs
- Experience gathering requirements and implementing BI tool such as Domo, Power BI, Looker, or Tableau
- Results-oriented leader with a track record of leading a data transformation initiative.
- Proven leader with a history of managing internal and external resources for exceptional results and insights
- Team-oriented with refined leadership, management, coaching and interpersonal skills
- Able to manage time effectively and maintain strong work and personal codes of ethics
- Ability to work effectively with senior management
- Experience building on modern data stacks and open source big data platforms & technologies; AWS, Snowflake, GCP, etc.
- 5-10 years of experience in related fields
- Flex time scheduling
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Benefits package
- Product discounts
Owlet Baby Care, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.