Summary: Owlet is seeking an INTL Project Manager to drive our rapidly growing global expansion.
As a part of this team, you will serve as the primary point of contact at our headquarters, managing teams ranging from App Development to Operations to Quality to ensure a holistic launch to new International markets. Working with the Country and General Managers, you will help execute the national launch of a country. You will work hand in hand with the INTL Marketing Manager, Supply chain, Legal, Product, and various other departments to meet all deadlines necessary to ensure an on-time launch.
The ideal candidate is analytical, client-focused, a team player who will leverage experience planning, coordinating, and implementing projects from strategy to launch. A candidate that has strong operation or product manager experience will thrive in this opportunity.
- Scrum Master
- Servant leader - empowers the team to make decisions, improvements and use best practices
- Roadblock clearer - Resolves impediments/conflicts and escalates when needed
- Resource facilitator - Works cross-functionally to ensure resourcing for international launch is prioritized
- Process manager - helps the team inspect and adopt processes
- Communicator - Reports and communicates project progress
- Project Documentation
- Responsible for all the documentation management for the project within the international market.
- Risk Management - Development and maintenance of project risks
- Project Communication Plan - responsible for the coordination of and distribution of the communication plan
- Plan for meetings for the project - cadence/frequency
- Plan for reporting communications methods - plans, risks, etc.
- Goals/Scope estimation - facilitator of scope discussions and documentation and estimation completion
- Change logs - Responsible for the coordination and capture of all change logs
- PRD for project
- Project change log
- BOM change logs
- Schedule change logs
- Quality Plan - responsible for the coordination of a project quality plan where applicable
- SQA Testing - responsible to coordinate and publish as a project artifact the test plan for a given release
- Project Schedule Manager
- The integrated master schedule for a new international launch - each team is responsible for the underlying schedule, but the project manager is responsible for the major milestone tracking and reporting for the project
- The App/FW/platform release schedules to support the product for launch and after launch through the lifecycle.
- Facilitator - Encourages autonomy and authority within the team, supports the problem solvers to solve the problems and the decision makers to remove obstacles and support the solutions
- Collaborative - Isn’t selfish works across the organization to ensure the organization is successful and not just the individual
- Resolves conflicts - Skilled in breaking down barriers in teams to get things moving in the right direction
- Excellent communication skills - Project managers are facilitators, which means that they need to be able to listen as well as articulate issues amongst a diverse group and facilitate understanding and decision making whether it be for technical items or for executive level discussions
- Organized - loves lists and plans; often has a plan for a plan and understand the importance of meeting commitments
- Inquisitive - Not afraid to ask questions to have a better understanding; likewise, a facilitator of inquisitiveness, supports the team in asking questions in order to arrive at the best solution
- Experience: 3 years
- Knowledge: Has PMO foundation either through experience or education. Expected to spend the majority of time learning about process, planning and tools best practices. Understands how to work in a team setting to scope small efforts. Has a basic understanding of what all the components in their product are.
- Job Complexity: Performs basic planning tasks and manages small projects (e.g. a minor packaging update, a cost down effort, or international launches) within a product line under the guidance of a senior level project manager. Contributes to meetings and planning at a basic level.
- Independence: Given an introduction to a small task from a Senior project manager, can drive a task to completion independently.
- Professional Character: Shows initiative and is motivated to learn. Escalates problems and issues and seeks guidance from other team members.
- Flex time scheduling
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Benefits package
- Product discounts
Owlet Baby Care, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.