Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet.
For nearly 10 years, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking.
We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,300 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role
Remitly is searching for a Senior HR Generalist to join Remitly's People team, reporting to our Head of International HR. You will manage ways to improve and scale our unique Remitly employee experience and use your HR, program management and EQ skills to help our people grow our cultural values globally.
You'll accomplish this by partnering with the People team and team members to improve HR operations. Your important work will directly affect how we attract, engage, and retain our greatest asset, our talent!
What you'll do:
- Lead HR point of contact for our Krakow office.
- Create systems and business processes to help our employees understand and best use benefits and services throughout their lifecycle with Remitly.
- Work across teams and collaborate with Legal, Finance IT, Recruiting, Payroll, and Management.
- Create a process to partner with all departments and your assigned geographies on employment-related changes.
- Stay current on local laws about benefits and employment, and suggest necessary updates to the employee handbook and HR policies.
- Influence leadership, using your expert recommendations to encourage managers and team members to drive change.
- Take leadership of several HR programs for your selected geographies. (Performance Reviews, 360 feedback, engagement surveys, process improvement, HRIS maintenance and etc.)
- Collaborate with your global HR colleagues to reflect Remitly's culture across borders.
- Action all local onboarding requirements for new employees coming onto the payroll, to allow for External Accountant Company to process payroll at the end of the month.
- Manage the sign up of employees to benefits - covering PPK, Private Insurance, Private Medical Care, Lunch Card, Sport Card.
- Monthly, gather all information required for payroll processing - including but not limited to - holidays taken, sick leave, on call time, overtime, bonus payments, salary rate changes.
- Lead audit to ensure accurate documentation for our Krakow team.
- Review / update current Remitly PL employee contract.
- Employee Handbook review / implementation and maintenance.
- Assist with due diligence for new 2021 Immigration changes for those affected.
- Lead / carryout annual employee benefits review and recommendations for improvement.
Who you are:
- 4 to 7 years of progressive HR operations experience, especially in startups and rapidly scaling organizations.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience and /or HR qualification.
- Alignment to our mission and values.
- Extreme attention to detail and ability to operate with a high degree of discretion.
- Knowledge of applicable employment laws. Prior experience supporting teams in Poland, the UK, Ireland, Germany, France, Spain, and Singapore is a bonus.
- Understanding of Poland benefit programs
- Essential - Experience working within HR & Labour Laws within Poland.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in Polish & English.