Summary: Consider joining a fast growing mission-driven company and take the next step in your career. Working remotely, this is a critical growth leadership position on the Finance team where you will be partnering with the go-to-market business leaders to integrate business performance reporting with budgeting and forecasting to drive superior business results. The position will be a highly visible role for a forward thinking, agile hands-on professional that will work closely with the Senior Director of Corporate FP&A in driving continuous scale and agility improvements to the company’s forecasting and planning processes.
We are looking for a strong teammate who brings great business acumen, a passion for operational excellence, attention to detail, and the ability to thrive working across our growing organization in a fast-paced environment.
What You'll Do
- Financial Management: Act as a trusted business partner leading planning, budgeting, forecasting for growth initiatives with senior go-to-market functional budget owners. Responsible for month-end close, accrual, forecasting, budgeting, and reporting. In partnership with the Senior Director Corporate FP&A, establish a monthly cadence for closing activities and financial review. Identify trends, risks, opportunity, and drivers to ensure the business delivers against financial targets.
- Decision Support: Focusing on core growth strategies- Market Penetration, International Expansion, New Products and Platform Investments- partner with cross functional leaders across the entire company to define KPIs, build forecasts and budgets, and track performance while explaining variances to plan, identifying risks and opportunities, and driving strategic business initiatives and working capital targets. Utilize analytical tools to support the team in prioritizing initiatives and maximize resources with data-driven insights. Understand sales funnel, backlog, and shipment to drive forecast accuracy and key elements driving revenue growth outlook.
- Leadership and Teamwork: Partner with corporate FP&A in monthly forecast cycles, working with functional leaders to identify planning assumptions for key business growth drivers. Collaborate with various business support teams (e.g. Supply Chain, Business Analytics, Accounting, HR, Legal) to improve data availability for business agility and scale.
- Data-driven decision making: Collaborate with finance colleagues to support and drive action plans to improve processes, automate/streamline functional reporting (using tools such as NetSuite, PowerBI, planning tools) to deliver better business insight.
- Responsiveness and Agility: Highly focused with the ability to create and develop ad-hoc financial modeling & analysis quickly to provide meaningful insights & recommendations. Create materials for monthly and quarterly C-suite and Board reporting.
What You'll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, or relevant subject area required
- 10+ years of business finance experience in late stage private/early stage public companies
- Experience within a "best practices" Finance organization where Finance is viewed as a business partner
- Strong analytical, business acumen and technical skills
- Expert at Excel, PowerPoint and experience with NetSuite, Power BI and developing and scaling planning tools
- Strong understanding of GAAP, financial statements and financial modeling
- Excellent organization, presentation and writing skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with associates at all levels, board members and key external partners. Strong verbal and written presentation skills including the ability to communicate complex financial concepts in a simple way and to tailor key messages and presentation style to multiple audiences
- Ability to manage and deliver on competing projects and requests from all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated success in the leadership of multiple projects that have driven enhanced value via identification of growth initiatives and cost efficiencies
- Ability to think globally, strategically, and objectively. Able to effectively translate data into actionable insights, strategies and financial plans. Able to work under pressure and to adapt to changing circumstances
- ·Ability to build collaborative and mutually beneficial relationships with all stakeholders. Experience building trust by including others and by keeping the cross-functional teams focused on the success of the entire company and work through conflict to achieve resolution
- Position may require travel
- Flex time scheduling
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Benefits package
- Product discounts
Owlet Baby Care, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.