Senior Engineering Manager - SASE Service Gateway at Lookout
- Work closely with product management to take an idea from concept to delivery using excellent software design, coding, & processes.
- Lead an excellent software engineering team of highly motivated developers & engineering leads.
- Create a culture of technical discussion and curiosity, crisp project estimation and be able to arbitrate choices amongst very strong opinions
- Build incredible product around the needs of the customer and solve thorny problems in simple ways
- Be accountable to the executive team for the success of team reporting to you
- Build a world-class team through hands-on recruiting of top-tier talent
- Manage on-boarding, mentoring, and performance of your team
- Work closely with peers in other departments and fellow engineering leadership to scale & evolve the engineering department as Lookout rapidly grows.
- Experience leading teams in building enterprise SaaS or network products
- Ability to manage external, customer commitments whilst managing an internal, iterative development process
- Incredible leadership ability, demonstrated through previous experience developing, recruiting, and mentoring a top-notch technical engineering team
- Extensive experience building & shipping software on time and with quality
- Prior experience of programming in C/C++ or similar language is mandatory
- Knowledge of advanced software development principles and practices, software development lifecycle in an Agile environment
- Quick study; able to adapt quickly to new technologies in a challenging and high-growth environment
- Problem solver; able to make routine decisions as well as sound complex decisions in a fast-paced, technical environment
- Capable of planning and executing on both short-term and long-term goals individually and with the team
- Communication that breaks through barriers, engages people, and gets your ideas across quickly and efficiently
- Solid intellectual curiosity and desire for excellence around leading teams, building products, and growing cool companies.
Nice to Have:
- Prior Experience with Linux Kernel programming and working knowledge of IPSec VPN, Intel DPDK, IKE, Strongswan, Deep Packet Inspection (DPI) etc would be a plus.
- Understanding of network & security protocols (e.g. TCP, UDP, IP, HTTP, DHCP/DNS,TLS, Active Directory/LDAP, SAML)
- Understanding of network-security fundamentals (e.g. Authentication, Cryptography, PKI)