Senior Staff Software Engineer - Proxy Development at Lookout
- Development and enhancement of Lookout CASB’s Inline data protection platform.
- Understand the traffic pattern of SaaS App through Native App and Browser. Implement and maintain the access control features for the SaaS apps and IaaS platforms.
- Work with the product management team to develop new access control features.
- Influencing the features and direction of the product and platform with your own ideas. Involve in the complete software development life. Understand requirements, understand/define functional specs and develop high quality code.
- Develop tools to effectively measure performance and latency characteristics of the product.
- Work with the Customer Support team in troubleshooting and fixing customer issues and identifying the product gaps.
- Take an active role in mentoring junior developers.
- 10+ years of experience with an engineering degree in Computer Science or related field
- Strong Java Programming skills (NIO, concurrency)
- Experience developing high performance, high throughput web services and applications
- Extensive experience with Netty or similar application frameworks
- Experience with the Spring Framework
- Strong understanding of web protocols (HTTP, WebSockets)
- Strong understanding of network protocols (TCP, UDP, DHCP/DNS, IPSec VPN, RDP)
- Experience reading and implementing RFCs and similar specifications
Nice to have:
- Strong understanding of network security (TLS, SAML, PKI)
- Experience implementing network protocols
- Experience with developing web or application servers, proxies, or platforms
- Experience with parsing code, structured data, and document formats
- Experience with microservices and cloud platforms (Docker, AWS, GCP)
- Experience with Bitbucket, Jira, Jenkins