As an Engineering Manager you will be responsible for the success of software engineering teams. You will build, manage, and organize our team in Cebu, working with the U.S. teams to successfully execute projects to improve and expand the Boundless product line. You will be a servant leader in developing the people and placing them in roles to maximize their potential, and guiding the work, tooling, process, and code. You will partner with the VP of Engineering and recruiters to build the teams and develop the people. You will partner on delivery with product managers, project managers, and designers. Engineering Managers report to the Vice President of Engineering.
What you will do:
- Build and support your team
- Conduct 1:1 meetings with direct reports and work with them on projects.
- Work with he team to ensure that the right people are in the right roles.
- Work with the VP of engineering to add to the team as needed.
- Manage the performance of the team, including rewarding high-performing team members and managing low performance.
- Establish growth paths for all team members.
- Broaden your work as an invaluable leader in enabling our engineering organization to best serve our customers and business. You will:
- Manage the composition, organization, and work of software engineering teams to achieve both long-term and short-term sprint/iteration goals.
- Ensure your teams are highly engaged and productive by inspiring and empowering them to do their best work.
- Work with all stakeholders to ensure proper balance of meeting customer needs and maintaining a healthy product and ecosystem. This includes not only business-driven features but also internal needs such as analytics, security, testing, scaling, and technical-debt management.
- Establish and implement agile workflow practices and tooling (scrum board, kanban, etc.) to define new requirements, manage/groom backlog, schedule work, and deliver predictable results aligned with product strategy.
- Foster an engineer-led process of evolution and improvement based on continuous learning and adapting to change.
- Assume full ownership of and accountability for success of the team.
- You will partner with other leaders to ensure your team makes and meets commitments that achieve stakeholder needs. You will successfully work with product managers to define customer needs in a way that is actionable by software engineers and guide the engineers in execution and delivery.
- Make a broad positive impact on Engineering and the Company.
- Your team will be part of a larger whole of engineering that has created and curated a healthy growing culture where engineers can do their best work in fulfilling our mission, growing our company, and building their careers.
- Establish broad technical infrastructure, standards, and best practices.
- You and your team will develop standards and best practices and exchange them with other teams within the broader Boundless technical ecosystem.
- Develop an understanding and relationship with our stakeholders and customers.
- You will collaborate with business growth, operations, third-party partners, product and the broader engineering team.
- You will understand the challenges that immigrants face in their journey to live and work in the United States and how we help them.
- An engineering leader with a successful track record as a software developer, a manager of engineers, and working in and managing agile software projects.
- Experience in building and managing diverse engineering teams that are inclusive and provide equitable opportunities and an environment of belonging for all team members, regardless of gender or cultural background.
- Experience successfully developing and managing careers of technical people, including managing roles, assignments, compensation, and performance.
- Demonstrated understanding and aptitude of web-based software development throughout the entire tech stack.
- Experience thinking strategically and acting tactically, leading technical projects and translating stakeholder requirements into actionable work completed by engineers.
- Experience leading agile ceremonies and Scrum Master certification preferred.
- Equally comfortable with business and product people and technical people and garners the respect of both. Demonstrated ability to build consensus towards a common goal.
- Flexible, nimble thinker to manage the dynamic nature of a startup and the immigration domain, and able to bring others along when plans need to change.
- Fluency in Cebuano preferred.
What We Offer:
A dynamic workforce in an environment where you are bounded by the expert and elite talents in the online immigration services industry. Experience a highly creative culture built on loyalty and responsibility to our partners while having a lot of fun at work. Great company perks and benefits awaits you!
- Generous PTO package and flexible work from home options
- Meaningful health insurance benefits
- Statutory mandated remuneration
- Collaborative engagement sessions