Educative is a hands-on learning platform for software developers of all levels. We were founded by industry veterans who understand first-hand the problems developers face staying on the cutting edge of modern technology. Educative's interactive, text-based courses are built to teach you the skills employers are looking for. We provide tools like in-browser coding environments and interview-focused assessments to help you practice as you learn.
Educative is connecting millions of developers worldwide to become a developer, grow their skills, or prepare for an interview.
Our learners rely on us to create engaging courses to get better at their job, find a better job, or experience the joy of learning. With the courses that you create, learners can maximize their success.
Are you a grammarian? Do you believe that words matter? Do keywords matter even more? If you answered, “Yes,” then have we got a job for you!
We’re looking for someone to join our growing team of content marketing specialists. Each specialist has a specific charter and area of authority. In this role, you’ll be a key writer (and sometimes editor) who contributes to our blog by providing keyword focused content that helps us retain and grow our strong organic search rankings. You will continuously look for new ways to engage our learners, whether current or future, across a variety of online platforms and work across the business to ensure the best experience for our learners through clear communication. In addition, you will contribute to a range of communication programs and new initiatives.
This role comes with nearly endless experiences to learn and practice valuable professional skills, ranging from operations & management, communications & community building, and business & civic engagement.
Yes, you will have a checklist of operational tasks that need to be done day-to-day. Every day is a little bit different, with unique opportunities and challenges for you to tackle.
You’ll also have the freedom to make Educative better every day. To see your ideas in action.
- Research and recommend keyword groupings and topics for our growing blog.
- Research and write articles, blog posts, and answers to questions on technical concepts related to keywords and topics important to our readers.
- Monitor competitor growth and keyword strategies that could threaten our leadership.
- Crosspost Educative’s content to third party publications. This includes 2-3 articles per week.
- Continually research resources, third party authors, and external publications for cross-platform publication and diverse technical marketing content.
- Discover new ways to engage with readership and learners through technical content.
- Take ownership of side projects that contribute to the scaling, updating, and improving Educative’s content across multiple platforms, including developing project ideas for UI/UX, strategized content updates, and more.
- Be an expert on our learners, how they buy, and their buying criteria. Align content to Educative’s personas, understand audience segmentation, and monitor competitors.
- Develop skills to prioritize competing projects, create/maintain trackers, and optimize work back schedules for projects.
- 1-3 years experience preferred.
- Strong grasp of SEO best practices. Experience with SEO tools such as SEMrush and Google search console.
- Excellent SERP tracking and analysis and project management background.
- Experience in marketing, copywriting, or journalism preferred.
- You have excellent written communication skills, with an ability to personally create high-quality messaging and content. You enjoy words.
- You have a strong eye for detail and can thrive not just writing yourself, but also editing the work of others.
- You excel at translating abstract technical concepts into clear written content.
- You have experience using a tool like Google Analytics to track success metrics for a website.
- You work well with ambiguity and do not need instructions to be successful. You are able to take full ownership of a project.