Educative is a hands-on learning platform for software developers of all levels. We were founded by industry veterans who understand first-hand the problems developers face staying on the cutting edge of modern technology. Educative's interactive, text-based courses are built to teach you the skills employers are looking for. We provide tools like in-browser coding environments and interview-focused assessments to help you practice as you learn.
Educative is connecting millions of developers worldwide to become a developer, grow their skills, or prepare for an interview.
Our learners rely on us to create engaging courses to get better at their job, find a better job, or experience the joy of learning. With the courses that you create, learners can maximize their success.
Educative is looking for a senior designer to lead our growing design team. This role will be charged with leading, mentoring and developing a team of designers who develop illustrations and creative assets in marketing, product, and content/coursework. If you like pushing the boundaries of UX/UI and enforcing consistency across multiple projects and deliverables, you might be a great fit for our new role.
Leading a team of thinkers and doers, the right creative director will bring a mix of marketing expertise and business understanding to the position, promoting our company and that of our valued clients. We’re looking for a leader that can inspire others, taking our creative to a new level as we continue to grow. The ideal candidate will have a natural eye for design and a drive to inspire dynamic ideas that connect with all types of audiences.
Success in this role requires more than experience in marketing-- you’ll be front and center leading the design and UX of our best-in-class learning platform by working closely with the product and content teams to ensure our coursework helps developers and software engineers reach their full potential.
- Build, lead, and review work of the creative teams in the production of all web, print, and digital marketing collateral
- Collaborate with the marketing and sales departments in developing marketing collateral, analyzing results, and identifying opportunities to improve the design of our assets.
- Analyze brand tracking, market trends, consumer need, and the competitive landscape
- Improve the learning experience on the platform by understanding, defining and eliminating pain points. Come up with creative solutions that meet user objectives and address business goals.
- Understand user needs and motivations, analyze competitors and be well informed on industry design trends.
- Work on product navigation and architecture for a more intuitive navigation experience.
- Create and share wireframes and medium fidelity designs for testing and gathering feedback.
- Design high fidelity prototypes with micro interactions, interaction states and responsive behavior. Be able to hand these off to developers.
- Manage and expand the company's design system.
- Communicate and discuss design ideas with cross-functional teams.
- 5+ years of experience working as a UX/Product designer or lead marketing designer
- 3+ years of leading a team of designers
- Experience working with highly organized asset libraries and design systems
- Strong grip over UX/UI principles and best practices
- Strong communication skills
- Experience in solving business and design problems with research
- Able to take ownership, drive the design process and prioritize tasks as per business requirements
- Proficiency with <AG to insert marketing tech stack here>
- Proficiency with design softwares like Figma, Sketch etc.