Educative is a hands-on learning platform for software developers of all levels. We were founded by industry veterans who understand first-hand the problems developers face staying on the cutting edge of modern technology. Educative's interactive, text-based courses are built to teach you the skills employers are looking for. We provide tools like in-browser coding environments and interview-focused assessments to help you practice as you learn.
Educative is connecting millions of developers worldwide to become a developer, grow their skills, or prepare for an interview.
Our learners rely on us to create engaging courses to get better at their job, find a better job, or experience the joy of learning. With the courses that you create, learners can maximize their success.
Our platform includes pre-configured interactive environments. This allows learners to practice their new skills right away with no additional setup on their machines. The courses weave in quizzes and coding challenges to enhance learning, and the test code can even be deployed so the learner can see what he/she has built. This is a far cry from the all too common one-size-fits-all video monologues.
You'll join a small team of product managers and will help us go from 500K+ developers to millions of developers on the platform. In addition, you’ll help us increase our enterprise customer base to hundreds of organizations.
You will work directly with the co-founders of Educative. This is a unique opportunity for someone who wants to lead the product vision for a V1 product where we have already achieved product-market fit and are focused on scaling to change how developers will learn new technologies in this decade.
You will be an individual contributor with the freedom to think strategically and make data-driven decisions, and the ability to drive significant impact to the customer experience and the business.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a passion for building a world-class service and have a high level of flexibility and commitment. You'll shape company strategy in a rapidly evolving environment. With stakeholders spanning the company - Sales, Marketing, Content, and Engineering - you'll have frequent opportunities to influence significant decisions.
In this role, you will be responsible for the following areas:
- Define, design, launch and measure new features to drive improved profitability and discovery of products, resulting in growth and superior customer experience.
- Define, collect, and measure key metrics to communicate success/failure with executive leadership and relevant stakeholders.
- Own the long-term vision and roadmap for Educative products as it matures, maintain a deep competitive awareness and think big to identify global business opportunities worthy of investment.
- Determine root causes, develop business cases, test/implement solutions and prioritize competing opportunities.
- Operate with significant autonomy to deliver results and achieve the goals and objectives of both your team and the broader organization.
- Bachelor’s, Master’s degree or Ph.D. in computer science, engineering or related field.
- 3+ years of Product Management experience (i.e. creating strategic product roadmap(s) from conception to launch and working with cross-functional teams).
- Experience driving the product vision, go-to-market strategy, and design discussions. Familiarity or experience with design thinking processes.
- Proven track record of prioritizing high impact activities and keeping complicated projects moving forward, working with cross-functional teams.
- Proven experience delivering technology products/services in a high growth environment with a demonstrated ability to translate customer needs into business and product requirements.
- Superior analytical and quantitative skills; experience using data and metrics to independently test theories, confirm assumptions, and measure success with extreme attention to detail.
- Excellent customer experience intuition; demonstrated success in creating innovative and user-friendly products and customer-facing features.
- Technical fluency; comfort understanding and discussing technical concepts, schedule tradeoffs and new opportunities with technical team members.
- Strong written and verbal communication and persuasion skills.
- Experience with eLearning/education applications preferred
- You are a Recruiter! Educative hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring on board to help us continue to build Educative