Educative is a hands-on learning platform for software developers of all levels. We were founded by industry veterans who understand first-hand the problems developers face staying on the cutting edge of modern technology. Educative's interactive, text-based courses are built to teach you the skills employers are looking for. We provide tools like in-browser coding environments and interview-focused assessments to help you practice as you learn.
Educative is connecting millions of developers worldwide to become a developer, grow their skills, or prepare for an interview.
Our learners rely on us to create engaging courses to get better at their job, find a better job, or experience the joy of learning. With the courses that you create, learners can maximize their success.
The Scrum Master / Release Manager is responsible for Educative's Release Management lifecycle including scheduling, coordinating, and managing releases across the product team. Where necessary, provide tool use techniques and process oversight to support product management, development, and design teams to manage the planning, overall prioritization, work execution, and deployments to staging and production environments.
This role also entails the responsibility for implementing and managing release processes for code promotion in the development, test, and production environments. You'll be working in collaboration with all participants in the application delivery lifecycle by providing aggregated Epic / User story & QA reporting capabilities at the macro level while building the release calendar, and assisting in managing interdependencies to ensure adherence to the defined goals.
- Facilitate scrum stand-ups and sprint planning
- Define, refine and re-evaluate MRFs (Minimum Releasable Features)
- Contribute to Product Management effort to support the Product Delivery Plan.
- Measure and monitor progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time and meet or exceed expectations.
- Facilitate Sprint Retrospectives
- Support the documentation of release content.
- Communicate release details and schedules as required.
- Work with release engineers to understand the impacts of branches and code merges.
- Manage risks and resolve issues that affect release scope, schedule, and quality.
- Oversee Go-Live activities including the execution of the deployment plans and checklists.
- Maintains a release repository and manages key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists.
- Bachelor’s/Masters degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Two to three (2-3) years of previous release management experience.
- Four to ten (4-10) years of experience in an information systems operations environment in systems analysis or development.
- Formal training or certification in scrum master preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Agile software development lifecycle.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion.
- Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills.