Owlet’s Office of the CTO is searching for a driven, experienced, and innovative technology manager to lead research efforts at the intersections of AI, Software Services, and Sensor Tech. The ideal candidate has at least 5 years of experience in leading research in new and emerging technologies and bridging the gap between research and development. Additionally, this candidate not only has a robust understanding of AI, Software Services, and Sensor Tech fundamentals, but is also well versed in contemporary techniques in each of these fields. This role will be responsible for identifying and directing research on technology fusions between each technology vertical in the Office of the CTO. This is an awesome opportunity to work with a passionate and talented team that is dedicated to creating forward-thinking and innovative products that will transform the world of infant healthcare!
As a technology lead at Owlet, we hope you will find your work both exciting and rewarding as you help us advance infant health monitoring technology and increase our ability to meet current and future needs. Our mission is to save lives by empowering parents with the right information at the right time. Come do work that matters.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with peer technology leads to advance the discovery and research of new technology fusions between AI, Software Services, and Sensor Tech
- Work closely with key stakeholders throughout the broader Product, Engineering, and Healthcare organizations to establish and manage technology roadmaps
- Create and champion research proposals
- Build a robust research team by recruiting high performing engineers/researchers to help advance research initiatives in the Technology Fusions vertical
- Direct research teams within the Technology Fusions vertical to create new proofs of concept that can eventually translate to new mass market products or enhance current products
- Work with the broader Product, Engineering and Healthcare organizations to transition new designs from research to development
- Foster a collaborative and supportive working environment both within the Technology Fusions vertical and with other peer organizations
- Identify and manage third party relationships (technology partners, suppliers, engineering firms, contractors) that could contribute to advancing research initiatives
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5+ years of experience managing engineering research and/or development teams
- 5+ years of software development experience (no specific language required)
- 3+ years of experience developing on and interfacing with connected cloud services (AWS, GCP, etc.)
- A robust understanding of digital signal processing and data science fundamentals
- A robust understanding of electronic hardware design fundamentals
- Expert level proficiency in software development on various platforms (mobile, cloud/backend, PC, etc.)
- Experience advancing early, emerging technologies from deep research to working, robust proofs of concept
- Flex time scheduling
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Benefits package
- Product discounts
Owlet Baby Care, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.