Who Boundless is
We’re a team of immigrants and experts who have struggled with our own journeys through the complex, high-stakes U.S. immigration system. That is why we are building deeply customer-centric products and experiences to become the default trusted partner for all families through their entire immigration journey and their first ten years of life in a new country.
In 2020, Boundless acquired RapidVisa to become the largest player in the family immigration industry, helping tens of thousands of families every year achieve their dreams. After four years of policy headwinds, we are at an inflection point, projecting to grow 3-4x every year through the Biden administration and become the first brand in an industry that has never had one before.
We're backed by influential early-stage venture investors around the country, including Foundry Group (led by Brad Feld), Emerson Collective (Laurene Powell Jobs’ foundation), Pioneer Square Labs, Two Sigma Ventures, Trilogy Equity Partners, and Jerry Yang, and are well-capitalized for growth.
Who you are
As we scale rapidly from about 150 FTEs to 300+ over the next 12 months and triple our revenues through expanding our product portfolio, we are looking for an experienced executive who can scale and shape our Global Customer Success function for years to come. You will report directly to the CEO and partner across all of our functions to shape our post-paid operations process to support scale as we expand in both depth (number of customers) and breadth (immigration categories). You will fully lead and manage our existing in-house Customer Success centers in Las Vegas, Manila (Philippines), and Cebu (Philippines), spanning around 100 FTEs, and as we grow, you will evaluate opening new centers (outsourced and/or in-house) in additional locations around the world.
How do we deliver a world-class service while operating under the constraints of a fast-growing startup? How do we transform the post-payment customer experience into a referral and growth engine? How do we continually look ahead and plan for a 20x scale over the next three years? Where can product and technology have the largest impact, and where is a live conversation with an expert necessary? How do we develop motivating career progression opportunities and a positive culture for teammates across multiple locations around the world? If these questions get you excited, we’d love to talk to you!
We are searching for the rare person who is strategic enough to thrive at the 30,000 foot view, developing the overarching strategy for the function, and humble enough to operate at the 3 foot level, deeply understanding issues and implementing solutions side-by-side with the 100 FTE (and growing) customer operations team.
In this role, during your first three months, you will:
- Learn about the Boundless and RapidVisa customer. Shadow the customer experience, listen to customer calls, watch chats, and read support and help emails. Understand what our immigrant families are worried about and how we can best provide them with clarity and confidence.
- Learn about the immigration and Boundless’ processes. Deeply understand how the U.S. immigration process works and talk to our in-house immigration law and policy experts about the challenges immigrant families face. For all of our products, understand what forms and documents are required, how successful applications are put together, and what happens after an application is mailed off to the government.
- Hire deliberately to support growth. Understand our current organization, our growth trajectory, and work with our People and Finance functions to implement a resourcing model for scale. Create a hiring process that can support growth and flexibility.
- Own the budget and KPIs for the function. Develop the right metrics and OKRs for the customer operations function and establish the right set of operating constructs (e.g. MBRs) to keep everyone aligned. Achieve improvements in both customer satisfaction and efficiency.
- Partner with the product function. Collaborate with the Product, Design, and Engineering teams to identify, prioritize, and execute initiatives that will have the largest impact on CX and operating leverage.
Within the first year, you will:
- Set up our operations function to scale. Successfully set up the organization, training, and recruiting functions to support 20x growth over the next three years. Identify and implement the organization structure and tools appropriate at each stage of growth as we expand. Systematically address each process inefficiency
- Support a wider range of products and services. The immigration landscape changes rapidly, and we will be expanding the type of services offered (e.g. DACA, more destination countries) and the type of customer (e.g. B2B instead of just B2C). Build the function that can adapt quickly to service new products and to respond to policy changes by the government.
- Drive towards a 10-star customer experience. You will represent the voice of the customer as we continually look for ways to insert delight into a stressful journey. Integrate real-time feedback into decisions we make around new product and service offerings and be a critical voice in shaping our product roadmap as a company.
- Own the career progress of the team. Customer operations is our single largest team and often a foundational piece of many team member's careers. You will be responsible for establishing the culture on the team and working with our VP of People to define career architecture and pathing for team development opportunities.
What we’re looking for:
- Progressive experience setting-up and leading B2C customer support, success, and/or operations teams in multiple geographies at scale.
- History of success delivering measurable improvements for customer-facing metrics.
- Thrives operating in ambiguity, in rapidly changing environments, and building while initiatives are in flight.
- Love of data to glean insights and drive decision-making, but comfortable using judgment when data is sparse.
- Inherent curiosity and self-reflection to continuously improve.
- Proven experience scaling a customer success or operations organization and leading global teams.
- Crisp verbal and written communication; comfortable presenting in front of large groups, other executives, external partners, and the Board.