Educative is a hands-on learning platform for software developers of all levels. We were founded by industry veterans who understand first-hand the problems developers face staying on the cutting edge of modern technology. Educative's interactive, text-based courses are built to teach you the skills employers are looking for. We provide tools like in-browser coding environments and interview-focused assessments to help you practice as you learn.
Educative is connecting millions of developers worldwide to become a developer, grow their skills, or prepare for an interview.
Our learners rely on us to create engaging courses to get better at their job, find a better job, or experience the joy of learning. With the courses that you create, learners can maximize their success.
As the Editorial Copy Manager, you will work in a fast-paced, highly technical environment where traditional skills such as grammatical excellence, storytelling, copyediting, highly effective communications, and proofing are combined with your talent and interest in creating technical courses for over half a million learners globally.
Successful candidates are comfortable working in a technical environment and enjoy new challenges. The Editorial Copy Manager will manage, refine, and grow the editorial services and proofreading teams. They are responsible for keeping full time and contract copy editors, and course editors on schedule; with a focus on maintaining Educative’s quality standards for courses, blogs, and other written assets.
In this role, you will:
- Manage, lead, and inspire a team of copy editors – full time and contract as well as a growing course editorial staff
- Manage priorities, schedule copy editors and monitor editorial quality for technical courses, blogs and marketing assets
- Help develop and evolve Educative’s voice standards to drive consistency and evolution
- Coordinate with related teams to ensure consistent, on-brand delivery of content
- Continuously improve performance, efficiency, and processes by introducing up-stream changes and training to improve author product quality earlier.
- 4-year college degree in communications, publishing, or other related field, or a combination of relevant education and experience
- 4 - 6+ years work experience in the publishing industry or related field
- Copyediting certificate preferred
- Strong working knowledge of publication production processes, including copyediting and proofreading
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously, with changing and sometimes overlapping priorities
- Ability to work effectively and professionally with internal and external contacts with varying degrees of technical expertise, talents, and work styles
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills