At Falkon, we are building a new system of intelligence that empowers professionals to define, understand and improve metrics that really matter.
We are product, engineering and research veterans from Microsoft, Amazon, Dropbox, Amperity and Zulily. Having lived through years of bad metrics meetings and fire-drills, we've discovered a revolutionary way to combine machine learning and human intuition to empower professionals to define, understand and improve metrics that really matter.
We are looking for a data scientist with expertise in using analytics to drive decision making and a passion for working with customers. In this role, you will work closely with our customers and product, engineering, and data teams to build the next generation of business intelligence from the ground up. You will be a critical part of our success in building meaningful customer relationships and enabling their success in the product. As an early member of our growing team you will help shape our business, our processes, and our culture.
What will you do?
- Apply expertise in data science, sales & marketing science and analytics to map customer business problems to capabilities of the Falkon product
- Propose, develop, and improve marketing science, revenue science and analytics product capabilities through customer conversations and independent research
- Lead technical conversations and working sessions with customers, and come up with an implementation plan for each new customer
- Partner with product and engineering to bring your ideas and analyses into production
- Analyze complex, high-dimensional data, including time series, structured, and unstructured data, across a range of applications and use cases
- Bring order and meaning to the data underlying complex problems companies face across a range of industries
- Work closely with solutions engineering to light up Falkon features in pilot and ongoing customer tenants
What you'll need to succeed:
- 5+ years experience building models and statistical analyses for sales, marketing, analytics or customer success use cases
- Deep demonstrated expertise writing SQL across complex database schemas, formulating meaningful metrics, and identifying important dimensions of those metrics.
- Strong technical communication skills, including visual, written, and verbal, and excitement to be a storyteller with data - helping customers find the underlying insight held in their data.
- 2+ years experience in a customer-facing capacity and excitement to solve problems collaboratively with our customers
- Ability to self-resolve issues around data access and quality. Familiarity working with data pipelines.
- Proficiency in Python
- Readiness to learn something new every day, collaborate with other scientists and engineers, and work in a fast-paced, dynamic start-up environment
Very nice to have:
- Past experience working with business metrics and interacting with business/non-technical stakeholders
- Deep experience with sales and marketing data
- Deep experience with commonly used tools in the space - such as Salesforce, Marketo, Hubspot, Outreach, Gong, Zendesk etc.
- Experience building machine learning models
- Past experience partnering with product and engineering to deploy analytical or machine learning models in production environments
- Ability to independently define roadmap for marketing science/analytics capability development
- BS/MS in engineering, statistics, economics, or related field