Owlet is changing the world of parenting with meaningful products that truly make a difference for millions around the world. Owlet has helped more than a million parents keep their children safe, while bringing joy and sleep to the parenting journey. We believe every parent deserves the peace of mind that comes with a better understanding of their baby’s needs.
Owlet’s People Team is searching for a strategic, organized, and efficient People Partner (HRBP). People Partners are not a compliance function. The role focuses on the needs of the team, carefully listening to the problems and working with employees and leaders to get to an optimal team outcome. You will be a trusted consultant and adviser with a specific expertise in all things "HR". Working on the People Team at Owlet will enable you to help define what positive people practices are.
As a People Partner (HRBP) reporting to the Director of People Experience you will be responsible for providing people solutions and advocacy to employees, managers, and senior leadership within the Engineering org. You will cultivate team effectiveness, goal development and alignment, leader and manager capability, employee engagement, and foundational HR excellence. You will share accountability for succession, career planning, and functional excellence, while also sharing business inputs with Recruiting and People Operations.
- Provide strategic business partnership, thought leadership, and coaching to all levels of the Engineering organization
- Establish close and effective relationships with leadership and employees
- Ensure flawless execution of all HR programs and processes
- Be a steward of our cultural values, championing diversity and inclusion
- Proactively assess team, manager, organizational development needs, make recommendations, and implement appropriate solutions
- Drive talent management strategies to support the Engineering team’s growth and individual development plans
- Integrate and partner closely with HR colleagues in Recruiting and People Operations to implement solutions and help scale the business
- Assist line managers in launching the recruitment process, such as opening the position, defining compensation, and ensuring all other requirements are met
- Actively participate in and, in some cases, lead various projects that support broad organizational change and involve cross-functional and cross regional partners
- Utilize data to gain business insights that inform decisions and recommendations in alignment with organizational objectives
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks, and ensuring regulatory compliance
- Act with a sense of urgency and confidentiality in resolving complex employee relations issues
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5+ years experience in an HR Business Partner or equivalent role in a technology environment
- Solid understanding of various employment laws across multiple states, CA strongly preferred
- Experience working in a remote environment supporting an engineering team
- Experience building relationships and influence with leadership and employees
- Effective communication and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated empathy and experience driving inclusion work
- Demonstrated project management and change management experience
- Demonstrated experience learning and thriving in a constantly changing environment and to cultivate relationships across teams
- Experience using data to identify insights that drive action
- Demonstrated experience in influencing and strategically solving problems
- Flex time scheduling
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Benefits package
- Product discounts
Owlet Baby Care, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.