The Director of FP&A will fill a critical role in oversight over company operating plans. This includes understanding and adjusting for sales forecasts, business events impacting gross margin, marketing strategies, hiring plans, operating expenses, and capital expenditures. The Director and their team will have direct responsibility for maintaining consistent communication with all areas of the business to ensure forecasts match near-term realities to the greatest extent possible.
- Manage overall budget process for the organization
- Perform financial forecasting reporting, and operational metrics tracking
- Analyze financial data – and create financial models for decision support
- Dashboard reporting on financial performance and preparation for regular management reviews
- Analyze past results, perform variance analysis, identify trends, and make recommendations for improvements to various business partners in the organization
- Work closely with the accounting team to ensure accurate financial reporting and decision support
- Evaluate financial performance by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts
- Guide cost analysis process by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures
- Provide analysis of trends and forecasts and recommending actions for optimization
- Identify and drive process improvements, including creation of standard and ad-hoc reports, tools and dashboards
- Increase productivity by developing automated reporting/forecasting tools
- Ensure that all planning results in fully functioning projections of each financial statement.
- Contribute to monthly, quarterly, and annual internal and external financial reporting.
- Continually improve the company’s planning platform and drive implementation that enhances budgeting and BvA review capabilities.
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Previous experience managing an AOP process required.
- Bachelor’s degree required (finance, accounting, or related field of study).
- Strong partnership abilities with FP&A and Accounting counterparts.
- Previous management of an FP&A team, including the desire to train and develop their talent and abilities
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proficient in analyzing qualitative data.
- Has exceptional analytical and quantitative skills.
- Acts independently with minimal supervision.
- Builds relationships and works well across functions.
- Has experience in a collaborative team environment with delegating workload and responsibilities.
- Leads and manages large-scale projects.
- Prioritizes and oversees multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Employs effective time management skills and meets deadlines.
- Understands business operations as well as basic corporate accounting, finance, management principles.
- Works with diverse stakeholders and builds strong, collaborative relationships. Manages competing agendas and priorities across different functional departments.
- Demonstrates the capacity to manage ambiguity and shifting priorities while remaining calm and controlled.
- Develops and implements innovative and creative solutions to business problems. Encourages and expects others to think progressively and not be limited by existing methods and procedures.
- Has a professional image and forms good partner relationships across functions.
- Experience with cloud planning platforms is a plus.
- Flex time scheduling
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Benefits package
- Product discounts
Owlet Baby Care, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.