At Owlet, we are making a real difference in the lives of parents and their infants every day through cutting-edge technology at the forefront of wearable tech, the internet-of-things, and big data.
Owlet is looking for a Senior Data Scientist to help take the organization to the next level. In this role you will need to become an expert in Owlets current system data landscape. You will convert raw data into actionable insights and metrics. You will build meaningful visualizations to give life to our data.
- Mine owlet infant vitals data and design robust, lightweight algorithms to further the company mission and bring peace of mind to parents
- Evaluate algorithm performance in offline and live environments
- Collaborate with software teams to implement algorithms on embedded hardware and in the cloud
- Create and deploy machine learning algorithms
- Maintain concise descriptions of algorithm design specifications and performance evaluations
- Communicate algorithm designs and performance results to cross-functional stakeholders
- Generate queries and perform statistical analysis to help product owners and engineers track feature performance and customer experience
- Coordinate with product and program managers to define feasibility and scope of new feature ideas
- 3+ years of professional experience (or combination of experience and graduate education) in machine learning or algorithm development
- Demonstrated experience using Python to model / analyze large data sets
- Experience with SQL
- Degree in computer science, mathematics, EE or equivalent experience
Strongly Preferred Qualifications
- Experience developing algorithms for embedded applications
- Advanced degree in computer science, mathematics or EE
- Industry experience developing computer vision or signal processing algorithms
- Experience with embedded C programming
- Flex time scheduling
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Benefits package
- Product discounts
Owlet Baby Care, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.