At Owlet, we are making a real difference in the lives of parents and their infants every day through cutting-edge technology at the forefront of wearable tech, the internet-of-things, and big data.
Owlet is looking for a Data Engineer to help take the organization to the next level. In this role you will need to become an expert in Owlets current system data landscape. You will help in building robust data pipelines to power our data lake. You will help prepare data sets for further analysis by various groups inside of Owlet.
- Partner with platform, analytics, engineering and business teams to review and gather the data/reporting/analytics requirements and build trusted and scalable data models, data extraction processes, and data applications to help answer complex questions
- Performing the full development lifecycle for automating batch and stream data processing systems, ensuring high-performance, resiliency, and observability
- Working with upstream system administrators and downstream business customers to onboard data, ensuring high quality, discoverability, and ease of use
- Help implement a security model based on privacy requirements, confirm safeguards are followed, address data quality issues, and evolve governance processes within allocated areas of ownership
- Develop data pipelines adhering with privacy and governance principles (i.e. CCPA, GDPR, etc.)
- Solve our most challenging data integration problems by, utilizing optimal ETL patterns, frameworks, query techniques, sourcing from structured and unstructured data sources, etc.
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- 3-5 years experience as a data engineer or a similar role
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and contribute to a culture of inclusion
- Experience with cloud based data warehouses (BigQuery, Snowflake, Redshift)
- Experience with search engines (Lucene, Solr, etc.)
- Proficient with SQL and Python
- Experience building robust data pipelines for both batch and streaming use cases
- Experience building data solutions with cloud resources
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including technical writing skills
- Experience in an agile environment
- Master’s Degree
- Experience with AWS services
- Experience with Spark
- Experience with Kafka
- Experience with delivering results on a Data Lake project
- Flex time scheduling
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Benefits package
- Product discounts
Owlet Baby Care, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.