Owlet is changing the world of parenting with meaningful products that truly make a difference for millions around the world. Owlet has helped more than a million parents keep their children safe, while bringing joy and sleep to the parenting journey. We believe every parent deserves the peace of mind that comes with a better understanding of their baby’s needs.
As an Android Engineering Manager, you have the knowledge and skills to create breakthrough technology to help bring Owlet smart devices to life. In addition to collaborating with cross functional partners to create top-tier applications, you'll also join forces with other engineering disciplines to create a comprehensive, innovative smart-device experience. This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a passionate engineering team creating solutions that change lives.
Learn more about our amazing mission at https://owletcare.com/pages/our-mission
- Mentor and coach members of the Android team to help best deliver quality products to our users, quickly
- Provide consistent, actionable, and transparent feedback during regular 1:1s
- Provide engineers with support and guidance in accomplishing career goals
- Collaborate with other leaders to drive and deliver on the engineering roadmap
- Play a strong role in the hiring process and ensure a good team balance of skills and seniority.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to balance the needs of teams and individuals
- Review code and architecture to ensure quality
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technology
- Identify roadblocks and help create path’s forward
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- B.S. degree in a computer oriented field (or equivalent experience)
- Experience with multiple Android architectures and design patterns
- Passion for helping others succeed and grow
- 6+ years of experience developing across multiple android applications
- 2+ years of relevant technical management experience
- Highly collaborative problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills
- Familiarity with tools to gather the best information for data-driven decisions
- Comfortable with Test-Driven Development, Continuous Build and Integration methodologies
- You are upbeat, adaptable, and results oriented with a positive attitude
- You have excellent judgment and integrity with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Experience working within a larger product team
- Preferred: Familiarity with working with a distributed team across multiple products
- Preferred: Experience developing apps for IoT devices, especially Bluetooth devices
- Bonus: Experience/interest with yaml, gradle, structured concurrency, and Compose
- Flex time scheduling
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Benefits package
- Product discounts
Owlet Baby Care, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.