Summary: Owlet’s product team is searching for a Principal User Experience Designer to help define the future of infant care in the tech space. This is an opportunity to work with a mission driven team that is actively changing parent’s lives for the better.
As a Principal User Experience Designer you will help define and drive the future of Owlet design. You will help elevate the UX ecosystems in ways that mitigate complexity, and inspire designers and teams to push the boundaries of what’s possible. You need to have a clear vision of the future of user experience and have the courage to pursue forward-thinking design.
In this role, you’ll take the time to understand not just the execution side of UX, but how each experience contributes to the entirety of the brand experience. You will collaborate with leaders of other Designers, Engineering, and Product Management teams to create innovative experiences across all of Owlet products, leveraging your passion to delight the user through, user experience, brand, and design quality.
- Collaborate with team members to gather, analyze and synthesize user research and market data to define appropriate user flows and interactions to delight the user.
- Create compelling visual presentations and design stories showing solutions and context for both peers, top leadership, customers and verbally deliver in a convincing manner.
- Iterate to constantly evolve and improve learnability, efficiency and delight ability
- Prototype, test, and oversee the execution of design for new features in Owlet apps
- Perform and gather qualitative and quantitative research through user interviews
- Work closely with developers to execute on comprehensive design systems
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- 6+ years of experience applying to (core UX principles, on B2C Apps and Software
- Mobile design background
- Bachelor's degree in UX, Visual or Industrial Design
- Ability to develop new approaches to complex design problems and convey these designs in the form of presentations, prototypes, and design specifications
- Ability to scope design initiatives accurately and prioritize work items appropriately.
- Proficient in UX software tools: Figma, Sketch, Adobe creative suite, as well as interactive prototyping tools and research tools
- Good critical thinking and visual problem-solving skills
- Ability to take direction and make revisions
- Help brainstorm and plan upcoming features based on customer feedback
- A Portfolio of UX-focused work samples for mobile and web applications
- Flex time scheduling
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Benefits package
- Product discounts
Owlet Baby Care, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.