Senior Software Engineer - DevOps at Lookout
- Design, develop, automate and operationalize software updates with zero downtime
- Build and automate and secure application configuration, auto deployment and provisioning services
- Develop innovative ways to smartly measure and monitor application and Infrastructure health
- Work with engineering and product management to architect and build features that are highly available, high-performance and secure
- Interact with the Engineering for supporting/maintaining/designing backend infrastructure for product support
- Experience managing infrastructure using major cloud providers like GCP, Azure or AWS
- Have experience with modern virtualization technologies like Docker, KVM, OpenStack or any orchestration platforms
- Automation of deployment, customization, upgrades and monitoring through Kubernetes
- Create fully automated global cloud infrastructure, that spans across multiple regions
- Automation is a part of your daily functions, so thorough familiarity with Unix Bourne shell scripting and Python as a critical survival skill.
- 5+ years of experience with BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Good exposure to private or public cloud services in a highly available and scalable production environment eg : GCP
- Strong knowledge of Linux systems administration and architecture.
- Strong development experience in Automation using Python or other languages.
- Understanding of networking and network virtualization required.
- Extensive experience with Linux systems virtualization, and network administration.
- Good experience in Building tools and automation that eliminate repetitive tasks
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment automation tools such as Jenkins, Ansible etc.
- Working Experience in source control tools such as GIT/GitHub/GitLab,
- AWS / GCP certification is nice to have
- Experience with big data infrastructure like Mongo DB and large SQL deployments is a big plus.
- Knowledge of distributed systems is a big plus.
- Flexible, Adaptable and proactive nature
- Great learning attitude to newest technology and a Team player