*We are open to candidates across North America to work remotely*
Lookout is an integrated endpoint-to-cloud security company. Our mission is to secure and empower our digital future in a privacy-focused world where mobility and cloud are essential to all we do for work and play. We enable consumers and employees to protect their data, and to securely stay connected without violating their privacy and trust. Lookout is trusted by millions of consumers, the largest enterprises and government agencies, and partners such as AT&T, Verizon, Vodafone, Microsoft, Google, and Apple. Headquartered in San Francisco, Lookout has offices in Amsterdam, Boston, Bangalore, London, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto and Washington, D.C.
As an Engineer of our Endpoint Detection & Response (EDR) team, you will be building out next generation threat hunting, research and response applications to protect Lookout’s customers and partners.
Do you have strong software development skills with Java or Scala? Do you have exceptionally good API design skills? Then you could be Lookout's Sr. Backend Software Engineer with ability to work remotely.
- You will be collaborating with a wide variety of engineers and researchers across the company to creatively solve challenging technical problems
- Design and build microservices that integrate into the Lookout Platform
- Write high quality code, unit tests, and technical documentation
- Practice end-to-end service ownership, including participating in the on-call rotation.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field/degree, and/or equivalent work experience
- Professional 5+ years of experience with Object Oriented or Functional programming languages (Java, Scala, etc).
- Experience building scalable and fault tolerant services
- Strong skills with API design, including REST and GraphQL
- Expertise developing software for public clouds, especially AWS and GCP
- Experience with streaming technologies such as Apache Kafka
- Background & interest in cybersecurity
- Experience with Play Framework (Java or Scala)