Lookout is an integrated endpoint-to-cloud security company. Our mission is to secure and empower our digital future in a privacy-focused world where mobility and cloud are essential to all we do for work and play. We enable consumers and employees to protect their data, and to securely stay connected without violating their privacy and trust. Lookout is trusted by millions of consumers, the largest enterprises and government agencies, and partners such as AT&T, Verizon, Vodafone, Microsoft, Google, and Apple. Headquartered in San Francisco, Lookout has offices in Amsterdam, Boston, London, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto and Washington, D.C.
Lookout is seeking a Senior Accountant who is passionate about adding value to the organization through focus on timely and accurate financial accounting and reporting, process improvement and automation. The Senior Accountant will be an integral part of preparing and driving a timely month end close, developing and maintaining strong month-end close procedures, and internal controls in conformity with US GAAP.
- Month-end close activities: Perform monthly accounting close activities as assigned, such as leases per ASC 842, prepaids, expense accruals, internally developed software, other balance sheet reconciliations, and preparation of journal entries.
- Maintain Fixed Assets in Netsuite (including adding new assets to FAM, running depreciation in FAM, retiring/disposal of assets)
- Prepare and oversee completion of monthly, quarterly, and annual sales and VAT returns.
- Prepare and oversee completion of local and state compliances, such as property tax filings, business license, local business tax return.
- Prepare monthly bank compliance reporting.
- Prepare and oversee completion of Canada subsidiary’s accounting books and related statutory compliances.
- Support in preparation of PBCs for financial statements audit, corporate tax returns, tax provision.
- Day-to-day involvement and participation as a key member of the corporate accounting team.
- Assist in on-going internal process to push for efficiencies, automation, and accuracy of financial management and analytical analysis.
- Build and maintain business relations with internal and external partners to proactively identify, research and resolve issues.
- Work cross-functionally and across geo/international locations for close process.
- Assist in ad hoc analysis and projects as required
- Bachelor’s degree (Accounting or Finance) and a minimum of 4+ years of accounting experience required
- CPA license preferred
- SaaS industry experience a plus
- Strong MS Excel experience (use of pivot tables)
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with multi-subsidiary, multinational companies, and foreign currencies.
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month end/year end close process
- Ability to execute deadline driven month-end processes
- Detail oriented and analytical
- Collaborative and communicative
NetSuite, Accrualify, Concur, Accounting close tools (e.g. Blackline, Floqast).