Lookout is an integrated endpoint-to-cloud security company. Our mission is to secure and empower our digital future in a privacy-focused world where mobility and cloud are essential to all we do for work and play. We enable consumers and employees to protect their data, and to securely stay connected without violating their privacy and trust. Lookout is trusted by millions of consumers, the largest enterprises and government agencies, and partners such as AT&T, Verizon, Vodafone, Microsoft, Google, and Apple. Headquartered in San Francisco, Lookout has offices in Amsterdam, Boston, London, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto and Washington, D.C.
This is an accounting and reporting generalist role that reports to the Corporate Controller and plays a critical role in establishing the Company’s financial reporting processes. This role will work closely with the operational accounting teams in streamlining our processes and the application of accounting guidance. This is a great opportunity to have exposure to financial reporting, technical accounting, general ledger accounting and revenue accounting.
- Assist in the company’s quarterly and annual financial reporting process, prepare, review, and assess the disclosures included in the interim and annual financial statements; collect, synthesize and process edits received from management, auditors, and attorneys.
- Prepare the quarterly financial statement disclosure checklists and the support binders.
- Responsible for the monthly and quarterly stock compensation accounting and reporting process.
- Assist in the research and documentation of technical accounting matters including stock-based compensation expenses, earnings per share, revenue recognition, goodwill, intangible assets, and purchase accounting.
- Assist in the preparation and review of Company-wide accounting and finance policies, including the revision of existing policies and creation of new policies as new accounting standards are adopted.
- Coordinate with external auditors to deliver timely financial statements, including planning documents, and to support interim reviews.
- Assist in the monthly and quarterly accounting close process and account reconciliations and analysis.
- Assist in the ASC 606 revenue contract review.
- Assist in identifying and implementing systems to automate and optimize our financial reporting process.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related discipline
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license preferred
- At least three years of experience, including public accounting experience in a national accounting firm and/or inhouse experience in financial reporting and technical accounting.
- Critical thinker and detailed oriented that thoroughly evaluates all potential accounting implications and solutions associated with a particular issue.
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to perform within tight deadlines
- Ability to work cross-functionally to obtain all relevant facts and articulate accounting conclusion reached
- Strong Microsoft Excel experience
- NetSuite, Workiva, Shareworks, Software industry experience preferred