Lookout is an integrated endpoint-to-cloud security company. Our mission is to secure and empower our digital future in a privacy-focused world where mobility and cloud are essential to all we do for work and play. We enable consumers and employees to protect their data, and to securely stay connected without violating their privacy and trust. Lookout is trusted by millions of consumers, the largest enterprises and government agencies, and partners such as AT&T, Verizon, Vodafone, Microsoft, Google, and Apple. Headquartered in San Francisco, Lookout has offices in Amsterdam, Boston, London, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto and Washington, D.C.
About Our Team:
The Corporate IT team at Lookout is here to keep our developers, engineers, and business units running at top efficiency. We keep technology out of the way and look how best to integrate it seamlessly into our day to day life in workspaces around the globe. From provisioning new equipment or building out cloud environments in AWS, GCP, or Azure, Corporate IT at Lookout enables our coworkers to do what they do best and leave taming the technology to us.
About the Position:
We’re looking for an IT Systems Engineer to join us in supporting our engineers, building new environments, and improving our corporate infrastructure for users in a multi-cloud environment. This is a hands-on role that will take on projects that you have the opportunity to own from planning to implementation. We design and maintain the infrastructure Lookout uses to support our internal teams across all areas of the business - Engineering, Sales, HR, Security, and others. We’d love to have you bring your experience and perspective to a team and organization that is growing, maturing, and working together to make mobile devices safe and secure.
- Have 5 - 7 years working experience in an IT engineering or operations environment.
- Are comfortable with GCP & AWS infrastructure (Compute / EC2, Storage / S3, Network / VPC, IAM, Cloud DNS / Route 53).
- Are familiar with at least one scripting language (Bash, Python, Ruby, Powershell, etc).
- Are familiar with configuration management and infrastructure-as-code tools such as Terraform.
- Are familiar with using APIs to integrate services and applications.
- Have solid networking fundamentals (VPCs, routing, subnets, etc.).
- Approach projects and problems with a “Security First” mindset.
- Can handle a project in a team or individual scenario.
- Are organized and able to shift tasks as priorities evolve.
- Are a pro at writing documentation.
Nice to Have:
- Familiarity with developer tools (Github, Jenkins, etc) and general CI/CD workflows.
- Familiarity with security tooling including SIEM, DLP, or, EDR.
- Experience with containerized workloads (Docker, ECS, Kubernetes, etc)