Lookout is an integrated endpoint-to-cloud security company. Our mission is to secure and empower our digital future in a privacy-focused world where mobility and cloud are essential to all we do for work and play. We enable consumers and employees to protect their data, and to securely stay connected without violating their privacy and trust. Lookout is trusted by millions of consumers, the largest enterprises and government agencies, and partners such as AT&T, Verizon, Vodafone, Microsoft, Google, and Apple. Headquartered in San Francisco, Lookout has offices in Amsterdam, Boston, London, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto and Washington, D.C.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a motivated and experienced attorney with an enterprise SaaS transactional background to join a dynamic legal team. You will be partnering with our field sales and support teams and interacting with internal clients at every level of the company and across different departments. While this is a highly collaborative, flexible, and fun environment, we are looking for a self-starting problem-solver who can work collaboratively and autonomously and roll up their sleeves when necessary to get the job done.
What will you be doing?
This role will involve providing legal support to the business on a range of commercial transactions. Key priorities will involve working closely with the enterprise sales and commercial teams to draft, negotiate and review complex distribution and reseller contracts, commercial partnering agreements, and direct with large multi-national organizations. The ideal candidate will be a dynamic and agile attorney with exceptional negotiation and drafting skills. In this role you will be reporting to Lookout’s Chief Legal Counsel.
- Negotiate, draft and close a variety of agreements, including distributor agreements, reseller agreements, SaaS, customer and sales agreements, technology licensing agreements, and services agreements.
- Develop, improve, and maintain policies and agreements, including end user and distribution agreements.
- Build and manage processes and workflows that can scale globally to keep up with our fast growth.
- Keep abreast of U.S. and international law that may affect the business.
- Advise on special projects as needed, including new product development and expansion into new international markets.
- Effectively work with a variety of business, finance, and legal stakeholders to develop and implement practices that support innovation and growth while maintaining appropriate commercial risk.
- Contribute to cross-functional teams as a trusted advisor, creative problem-solver and strategic thinker.
- 8+ years of relevant commercial transaction experience in technology and commercial licensing, ideally with prior commercial transaction experience with a major law firm.
- Top-notch expertise in structuring, drafting, and negotiating a wide variety of commercial contracts.
- An excellent negotiator who knows how to keep complex legal negotiations simple and clear, who knows how to facilitate appropriate internal decision-making processes and who strives to find a mutually agreeable outcome in an efficient but risk-conscious manner.
- A practical and proactive problem solver who possesses strong business acumen, are confident and calm under fire and can work with all manner of personalities.
- Able to prioritize and juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment and get the right things done.
- Ability to craft transaction agreement with an exceptionally high degree of detail.
- International transaction experience a plus.
- Expertise with the following areas of law is preferred: enterprise SaaS, licensing, technology, partnerships, IP, and data privacy and security.
- Pragmatic strategist who can identify and resolve legal issues in the context of the company’s commercial goals.
- Collaborative team player and terrific communicator with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks, and deliver results in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- JD from accredited law school, licensed to practice law and a member in good standing before a State Bar.