Senior Manager, International PR at Lookout
Who we are.
What you’ll be doing:
- Collaborate with the Lookout corporate communications team, international marketing field marketing and PR agencies to drive global awareness.
- Develop internationally-relevant media pitches, messaging and strategic direction to generate thought leadership, threat research and go-to-market partnership media coverage.
- Lead the review and approval process for international local/regional news releases; coordinate efforts with corporate PR and social media teams.
- Stay on top of cybersecurity trends and bring fresh, creative proposals to engage the international media.
- Filter and reply to all in-bound international media inquiries and propose outbound pitches and messaging based on real-time news activity.
- Rapidly respond to international cybersecurity events; provide insightful analysis on the fly.
- Assist with planning and execution of media-related events and corporate visits.
- Review, evaluate and vet local speaking opportunities and virtual and in-person conferences; prepare spokespersons and manage logistics.
- Support the creation of blog and social content relevant to international PR initiatives.
- Engage sales teams and customers to participate in customer advocacy programs.
- Support international industry analyst requests when necessary.
- Track media coverage and influencer activity; provide quarterly (and as needed) recaps on metrics including placements, impressions, share-of-voice and message pull-through.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 8-10 years of experience in tech media relations and/or communications; experience in cybersecurity is preferred.
- A talented writer and passionate communicator, has strong relationships with the media and excels at managing multiple projects at once.
- Can simplify a complex technical topic so anyone can understand it (even your mom).
- Proven ability to operate successfully within a global team – aligning with the corporate communications strategy and adapting for local markets.
- Understands the local media culture and landscape in each country supported.
- A keen understanding of new and traditional media, and how to use it to build a brand.
- A highly driven self-starter focused on delivering outcomes.
- Collaborates well; dedicated to being a team player.
- Data-driven and understands how critical it is to accurately represent statistics.
- Positive attitude and thrives in a fast-paced high-growth environment.